Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, im considering changing the exhaust on my gixxer. Basically at the moment i have twin trc carbon Yoshi slip ons that were fitted to the bike when I bought it. Since buying it ive added a Delkevic decat link pipe. But ive never really been a big fan of the twin pipes on a the gsxrs (always thought that they looked too bulky). So ive come across a cheap Jardine gp twin pipe (finish just near the swing arm). Just wondering if i swapped my Yoshis with the Jardines but left the decat pipe would it sound like i was running no mufflers because i think jardines have only a small baffle that barely reduces noise. I could be wrong but ive only seen the used with the cat still fitted.
If it just sounded loud and shitty my other option is to have another decat pipe made to suit single side and use my 1 of my Yoshis.
With each set up which would be a better setup when it comes to sound and performance.

So any ideas?

·
Registered
265 Posts
was pondering exactly this myself. Iv got the twin R77's and just putting a decat y-pipe in.

I think those Jardine pipes were only designed to be used with the cat still incorporated and it would be loud as all hell off a decat/straight through mid-pipe...

Be interesting to see if anyone has done it. I love the look of them and it would definitely free up the ass end of the gixxer...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts