Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a L2 1000 all stock except a full yoshi exhaust done by previous owner , so was wondering since rest of stock system was fully removed can i just unplug and remove this actuator assembly completely ? I have no custom flash or anything and just blocked off the pair valve hose due too backfiring so it runs perfect since i blocked it off for now but still get the F1 light so i was going too get a servo buddy this week too fix that . But basically can i just remove the actuator and toss it and everythinng work the same ?thanks here is a close up pic

Attachments

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,705 Posts
Life is not so simple. You have the Yosh supplied rotation limiter, which indicates to me that there's not a simple solution like removing the actuator and pulling a pin to the ECM. However I believe that there are eliminators that can be installed in place of the actuator. Servo Buddy is one. HealTech makes another.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so when i install the servo buddy i can just unplug and pull that whole actuator assembly out? Cause right now my FI light is on at the moment cause i did the marble trick untill i got a servo buddy down the rd .my bike was backfiring bad when i boughy it due too the full exhaust and no other mods so i stuck mables in the pair hose and it worked great and got rid of the backfiring but on my model the L2 i need a servo buddy cause i cant do the wire pull trick on these newer models like the older ones so i want too pull marbles and put servo buddy in and hope that removes the FI light cause the code is the exhaust as i checked . So since i got my bike stripped and putting it back together with a servo buddy i was wondering if i could just remove that whole actuator assembly . Thanks again for ur reply

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,705 Posts
I'm confused. Blocking the PAIR hoses shouldn't produce an error & red LED unless you also disconnected the solenoid. The PAIR valve is a separate issue from the EXCVA and a similar jumper is needed. People sell them but it should be cheap because it's just a connector and a resistor. At least it's that way on my K6.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts