Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, finally found a decent electronic manual for the K5. One that wasn't scanned in. Found it on eBay. Cost me $9.99 and not only did I get the manual for the K5 but I also got the manuals for the K1-K2, K3-K4. Unfortunately each of those PDFs were raster based (i.e. scanned images) so they will not be searchable like the K5 manual. The seller also included the Parts manual for K1-K2, K3-K4 as well. Quite a bargain if you ask me!

Here is the link to the dudes eBay listings. BTW, all this guy does is sell manuals.

I couldn't be happier!

NOTE: After I purchased my manual, the listing was pulled out of the search results/current listings. So if you don't see the listing for the K5, email him and I'm sure he will get a new listing posted back up for you.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it already in the Club R section
Hmmm.... maybe if this info were a little more open and advertised, the site might be able to entice a few more to attach their red R's (Red R's == $$$$ for the site). The only reason I provided the link is there have been a few threads on it floating around in the past few weeks. Otherwise, I probably would have ponied up the cash to get my own R so that I could further support the cause by purchasing things like service manuals.

Well, to those that don't have R's next to their name, the link above is an excellent source for a manual for your K5.

·
Registered
242 Posts
yep... donation of at least $10 gets you in the club R area of the forum. went in and downloaded the entire k5 service manual. and there is a few other extra nice things in teh section also.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep... donation of at least $10 gets you in the club R area of the forum. went in and downloaded the entire k5 service manual. and there is a few other extra nice things in teh section also.
Ok, I'm stumped, I've been navigating around the site and am having one hell of a time finding the link to become a donor. Coming from a web/software development background, I'm a little shocked a link to the donation page isn't a little more pominent. I know the costs of hosting a high bandwidth usage site isn't cheap so I would imaging the site would like to rake in all the additional cash it can.

Got link?

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
Ok, I'm stumped, I've been navigating around the site and am having one hell of a time finding the link to become a donor. Coming from a web/software development background, I'm a little shocked a link to the donation page isn't a little more pominent. I know the costs of hosting a high bandwidth usage site isn't cheap so I would imaging the site would like to rake in all the additional cash it can.

Got link?
http://www.gixxer.com/ubbthreads/mypaymentpal/mypaymentpal.php

Got my manuual too

·
Registered
567 Posts
Got it already in the Club R section
Hmmm.... maybe if this info were a little more open and advertised, the site might be able to entice a few more to attach their red R's (Red R's == $$$$ for the site). The only reason I provided the link is there have been a few threads on it floating around in the past few weeks. Otherwise, I probably would have ponied up the cash to get my own R so that I could further support the cause by purchasing things like service manuals.

Well, to those that don't have R's next to their name, the link above is an excellent source for a manual for your K5.
It was: http://www.gixxer.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1545021

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive just donated :). Where is the Club R section?

Cheers
MP
I think it takes a bit to get "Approved". One of the other threads I was reading mentioned that they had donated two week prior and still didn't have their "R". Must be a few kinks in the system yet.

·
Premium Member
11,910 Posts
Well you could get the 1k cdrom from the store....... has way more info than just the service manuals.......and yes it has been updated with the 05 service manual.

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
Ive just donated :). Where is the Club R section?

Cheers
MP
I think it takes a bit to get "Approved". One of the other threads I was reading mentioned that they had donated two week prior and still didn't have their "R". Must be a few kinks in the system yet.
He is a busy man Mr Gixxer, PM him and email your reciept. This will be the fastest way to get your red "R"

Have a look at the 10th post in this thread. http://www.gixxer.com/ubbthreads/showfla...=13&fpart=1

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well you could get the 1k cdrom from the store....... has way more info than just the service manuals.......and yes it has been updated with the 05 service manual.
What store? I clicked the store link at the top of this page and I couldn't find any CD ROMs in that store. DVDs (i.e. videos)? Yes. CD-ROM with service manual? No.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Never mind. I found out. I don't know WHY I didn't think to look under JSD Products for the gixxer CD-ROM before.

·
Registered
94 Posts
the store is only showing the 04 and prior.....

and for those of u thinking about subscribing just for the manual he currently aint offerng it any more.. will have to get it from someone else.

dont le tthat deter u from subscribing to the site though as it is definetly worth it

·
Registered
334 Posts
To ANYONE that got this manual....

I will gladly host this on my server if someone can get this to me. It's my understanding that whoever it was that was hosting it earlier has taken it down. So I'm offering to host this for ALL to download. I just need someone to get the pdf to me first.

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Why has the manual been removed? I signed up for my red R a while ago and wouldn't mind having this manual eventually...

·
Registered
334 Posts
he said there was only a limited amount of traffic his server would recieve...he shut it down this morning appearently....
I have plenty of bandwidth for hosting this....I just need the pdf and we're golden...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts