Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an update on this subject. my local dealer has sold 4-5 of the gsxrk5's so far. a friend went to look at them earlier this week and the dealer told him that they cannot sell anymore at the current time. they wouldn't specify to him as to why? has anybody heard anything? has zuki issued any recall's?

THE ABOVE STATEMENT IS FROM http://www.1000rr.net/vb/showthread.php?p=124428#post124428

·
Registered
351 Posts
first off, most dealerships are closed monday. its the 4th of july.

and second, who gives a flying fuck about 1krr.net. those guys are jealous their bikes are slower then the gsxr's the zx10's and the r1's. infact, its the slowest litre bike. no one cares.

·
Banned
14,060 Posts
I was just at the dealer the other day and they had a Black 051K on the show floor for sale. The salesman was haggling price with some guy who wanted to buy it.

·
Registered
493 Posts
i would think that would be bullshit coming from the origins it has

i was down at dealers in england other day and they cant get em in quickenough - they also have demo bike still demoing.

while at some point i would expect some negative press in the bike publications, like mcn here in the uk, in the same way they demonised the TLS after initially saying it was the dogs...

one observation i have noticed though is no bending in the frame spars, just a clean crack down the weld, like it was made of glass

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hmmm,you would think this crap about the frames would have made it into the bike mags by now,christ its been going on long enough (the rumours and inuendo that is) Maybe they see it for what it is,squids crashing their bikes and trying to blame everyone and everything bar themselves
Re:Availability,there isnt a single Blue/White one left in Oz,they've sold like hotcakes!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
God, sometimes the internet pisses me off so much. Way-out-there rumors that people contrive become gospel. Stupid.

Oh yea, the K7 is gonna be a unicycle.

·
Premium Member
11,910 Posts
Re: Everyone call your dealers monday and ask them is it tru

Fact, al USA dealers ordered their K5 bikes last year........ and no they can't get anymoe until the dealer show in Dallas in Oct.

So if Suzuki has delivered all to the dealer, they can get no more unless they trade with another dealer. And yes, if they are on the show room floor, they can sell them.

·
Registered
637 Posts

got a b/y and a b/w in the showroom right now at the losal dealer here

·
Registered
46 Posts

I was in Chapparal Motorsports yesterday talking to a salesman about frames breaking, he said nothing.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Bullshit flag on the field, number 69, 30 yard penalty, second down.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
There are no more K5's (other than stock in shops) available in Oz until Sept.

I also herd that there is a problem getting Titanium all over the world and this may slow supply of more 1K's

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
I heard that the Saudi's bought all the remaining K5's in the world and the dealers cant' sell them because they have to ship to the Middle East. It's just coindence that the 4th is on a Monday cuz that's when the Saudi'a are chartering jets to fly them.

Just a rumor I heard.....

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Titanium shortage, frame break recall, Saudi K5 group buy etc. Listen to yourselves people. This has got to be the weirdest thread ever in this forum. Have you all lost it?

Pull my finger.

·
Registered
17 Posts

I live in France and it is well known here, that Suzuki don't have titanium anymore to build high end bikes like de K5, it's the reason why, you can find only a little +/-150 all black in the street instead of the 400 form the origin. Same thing for the black/yellow, the blue white is the only available model, but not for a long time. The next arrival of Gix1k k5 is set for september in the better case!! and this will be the K6 models....

·
Registered
1,700 Posts

what does the color schemes have to do with titanium shortage? hmmmm your not making any sense to me

·
Registered
3,047 Posts

There is no titanium shortage. Suzuki made the bikes they alotted and dealers are just making shit up. \

"next arrival of Gix1k k5 is set for september..... and this will be the K6 models."

Are you aware of what you just typed?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts