Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My K&N my bike hesitates at 9-10K
I am trying to win a jet kit on ebay, should i entall the jet kit in hopes that will solve my pronblem, or wait until next year when i get a full system, can i re-use the jet kit?

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
You should be able to put in the Stage one jetkit without the pipe but it might run rich...

I would just shim the needles up like 1mm each... and see how that feels.. Then when you get the pipe put in the jetkit...

John

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
dont know, but, the filter shouldnt cause a noticable flatspot...

have you tried reversing it?? (i mean putting back the stocker??)

esemes

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
It is normal for the 600s to have a flat spot after the K&N... Remember that the bike runs on the lean side from the factory....

John

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I think you need to step up on the main jets because 9k an on is the main jets 5k-7k is needles

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
There you go.. He is the man for carbs..

John

·
Registered
17,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by eSeMeS1K2:
dont know, but, the filter shouldnt cause a noticable flatspot...

have you tried reversing it?? (i mean putting back the stocker??)

esemes
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I through away the stocker other wise i would have reversed it
i know i am an idiot

·
Registered
17,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by audi1031:
I think you need to step up on the main jets because 9k an on is the main jets 5k-7k is needles
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">un i am sorry i am ignorant about engines , does that mean i need something besides the jet kit or is the main jet something totaly different and i need to take it to a mechanic

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
When you get a jet kit, you get a pilot, needle, and main jet..

Now, since you only have a filter and no pipe yet, you might only need to change the main jet (you can buy jets from your deal if you know you are looking for). So if you take a look at what your main jets are now, you can go to the dealer and get like one step bigger main jet and it might fix the problem you have.. Then when you get the full system put in the jet kit... If you use the jetkit now, you might end up rich.

John

·
Registered
192 Posts
Dont want to say anyone is wrong but Pilot jets, needes and Main jets dont kick in at certain RPM's like some people said. They work within the throttle range. From idle to about 10% throttle is your pilot jet, from 10% throttle to about 60% is your needle, and from 60% to full throttle is your Main Jet. I have rejetted a few bikes and I fix cars for a living and thats what I know about carburetors. Just adding that sorry if anyone thinks im unsulting them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts