Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aite , what i have is a 1996 gsxr 750

ill try to be thourough on the mods even the ones that mite not matter

Rs-3 titanium header (the one with spring on crossover tubes), stainless mid pipe and a carbon rs-3 oval 18" can with 2.25" baffle and 2.25" exit

k&n filter and the airbox mod (working on getting it tuned up to take advantage of the mod)

ive sealed the airbox to the frame well and insured all good gsketing from the ram air inlet at the upper all the way to the carb

ive got a 520 did x ring gold chain, a vortex -1 front sprocket and +3 billet rear vortex sprocket.

for now there is a dynojet jet kit in the bike with 130,132 jets and drilled slides but im working on getting the jetting tuned for the airbox mod

the bike is lightened up a little bit as well

of course the exhaust lightened the bike considerably, the 520 conversion lightened the bike and reciprocating mass (billet rear sprocket), ive got protex billet rearsets in place of stock, a carbon exhaust hanger, no mirrors, no stock front or rear blinkers( just real real small ones in the factory blinker holes up front) ive got a gsxr 2001+ airtech fiberglass one piece race tail on it, and the rear half of the subframe is removed, along with half of the factory undertail/fender removed,no factory seat latch and key, no factory brake light/ tool kit (ive got a 4.75 led tail light, weighs a few ounces) no passenger pegs. up front ive got a modified graves fairing stay in place of the factory guage stay /mirror stay combination.

oh some additions of weight from factory are, my air shift system, which consists of a small air ram, a small air bottle, and a solenoid and small box to wire in to the electronics, ive got an undertail which is just homemade fiberglass. and a alarm system (its a small one)

i weigh about 180-185 dressed to ride

just for those wondering i run a factory headlamp assembly yes that ive opened and modified but its a stock box

oh the bike has a shorter than stock chrome kickstand and the whole bike is lowered im not sure of the inched but id say about 2.5 inches

let me know what you think of the setup and how it should run, really my main concern is for it to be quick on the street and be able to race my buddies. i havent done any of this yet ive been building the bike in my shop for quite a while now all thats left is the painting which is in progress now.. but i need any ideas thrown my way i can use along with the estimations.

thanks for reading this long post

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
that bike should kick arse if you are a good rider

1 - 3 of 3 Posts