Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
The Crazy Hungarian
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I canged the levers if that has anything to do with what you are saying.

Cheers

Clem
Can you start the bike bike without pulling the clutch in? BTW if you read just few posts before Yours You'll find the same questions and the right answers for the problem...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got a k8 750 by disabling the clutch switch u guys mean the little plastic box that makes it so u have to pull the clutch to start the engine?
Cuz the 750 one is the opposite of the 1000, ours extends out when the clutch is pulled so I actually cut the little plastic piece so it thinks the clutch is always engaged and I wouldn't have to pull it to start

Hi mate, I did the same! cut the plastic pin that comes out the clutch switch when I fitted aftermarket levers, ever since I have had problems with the FI light! I re-fitted the original levers and took it into SUZUKI they put it on the Suzuki Diagnostic System and it brought up a list of faults! I am wondering because I cut this, it caused some of these faults! i.e. the C40 code??? would it be better now I fitted a NEW clutch switch? to rectify this, as the light ALWAYS seems to come back on when I pull the clutch in whilst riding!

Its now doing a F/ing heed in!!!

Cheers ALL

CLEM

·
Registered
16 Posts
just changed my lever and got the same shit yesterday!! so whats the solution?

I canged them back to the originals, now its gone????? totally pissed off, there must be a way round this! got no more FI light now though

·
The Crazy Hungarian
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Fix that damn clutch switch!:hammer

·
Registered
108 Posts
so what I'm getting from this thread is swapping out stock levers for an aftermarket set (ASV, CRG, etc..) can give me faults and what not? \

Can anyone clarify before I pick up this set of CRG's from motomummy?

·
The Crazy Hungarian
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
so what I'm getting from this thread is swapping out stock levers for an aftermarket set (ASV, CRG, etc..) can give me faults and what not? \

Can anyone clarify before I pick up this set of CRG's from motomummy?
Exactly. Unfortunately the aftermaket levers does NOT push the clutch switch the same way as the OEM does especially if they adjusted too much in. Just needs a little creativity to fix the problem and not to whine about it...:chucks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks almano. Looks like I may keep stock levers then until this issue is resolved by companies or if I do switch to CRG's like planned I'll have to rig it carefully..

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the c40 error code, my bike is a 2007 1k. i can start the bike without having to pull the clutch lever in. my question is, by bypassing the clutch switch on my bike, will the c40 error code disappear?

·
The Crazy Hungarian
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
i can start the bike without having to pull the clutch lever in.
It's already bypassed if You can start the bike without pulling the clutch lever in. :hammer
This is the reasin of the code C40. You have to fix the switch, so Yo'll need to pull the clutch to start the bike and the C40 code will disappear, or read this ENTIRE thread very carefully and do the described modifications to be able to start the bike without pulling the clutch in and not getting the C40 code.

·
Registered
95 Posts
thanks guys for this thread. Put the stock clutch and brake levers back on and the code is gone!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
Is it posible to reset ECU and set ISC valve to preset position without using SDS tool? I have solved the problem with clutch switch, but the C40 still flashing :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
It just weird, that nobody else had this problem before. I can not believe, that no '07-'08 1000 owners disabled the clutch switch so far...
Anyway. I hope this will be the solution. I'll let you know guys tonight.:cheers
I just had the EXACT same issue. Started after I disabled the clutch and took it to the track. I just installed a switch as in post 17 (I think). Too late to run it down the street but I will see tomorrow. Hopefully this solves my issue.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Finally someone! :shifty Yes, i have the same issue when i downshift and the light pop on @ hard engine braking. Do you have any aftermarket accessory, part on the bike what might interfere with the electrical system? Likie Power commander, quickshifter, anything?
Did you by chance clip or remove the clutch sensor? I cut the clutch sensor on mine so I didnt have to pull in the clutch to start it and it did the exact same thing yours was doing! I replaced it and problem solved

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
great forum guys, I put a billet brembo clutch master with a yoyodyne clutch switch and had the same problem, I too did to many mods at the same time (way too much to list lol) and had the c40 code when I took it to the track. although I had the switch the button switch is way too small on the one I had. too sensitive and sometimes it would not completely shut the button down and I guess thats when the problem would occur. Apparently you can only bypass the clutch switch only if you have the Yoshimura EMPro ecu, it totally bypasses that switch for racing application and it costs a shit load of doe plus you need a $600 wiring harness! The other alternative is simple get a bypass handle bar mount switch and bypass it, I couldn't do that becuase I have a launch control unit that needs to be clutch activated so my best resolution is a hydrolic switch that is available at most shops like Galfer. I hope this helps, yeah crazy stupid switch cost me a race and trackday!

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Anybody ever try considering a hydraulic clutch switch?? I thought I figured out the problem with my brembo billet master and its switch and it still did the problem, so I went to plan b which was installing a hydraulic switch, I'm gonna see what it does tomorrow if not I'm gonna get a new stock set up. I'll let you guys know.

·
The Crazy Hungarian
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Anybody ever try considering a hydraulic clutch switch?? I thought I figured out the problem with my brembo billet master and its switch and it still did the problem, so I went to plan b which was installing a hydraulic switch, I'm gonna see what it does tomorrow if not I'm gonna get a new stock set up. I'll let you guys know.
Should work, since it does the same thing like the manual switch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Should work, since it does the same thing like the manual switch.
Thank you Alamo and everyone else for your troubleshooting of this problem.
Geez, wish I saw this forum sooner. I did manage to fix my switch though which was stuck in.
Made for a cheap fix, other than my time wasted with the TPS and ISC valve.
Thanks Again
W :cheers

·
The Crazy Hungarian
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I am happy we could help!:punk

41 - 60 of 63 Posts