Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I felt the same way about the clutch thing too. But it ran great before I modified the clutch. Definitely try it, you'll be surprised I think.

Sounds like your a racer. I wish I had a track around here to race. All I have to do around here is beat up on all the vintage bikes and 600cc's.:sleep That and stunts. oh well.

·
The Crazy Hungarian
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I felt the same way about the clutch thing too. But it ran great before I modified the clutch. Definitely try it, you'll be surprised I think.

Sounds like your a racer. I wish I had a track around here to race. All I have to do around here is beat up on all the vintage bikes and 600cc's.:sleep That and stunts. oh well.
Where are you? :scratch

·
The Crazy Hungarian
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I wouldn't mind paying 600 bucks for the sds. I still have to check but I think the EM Pro that yoshimura makes is even more expensive.
The SDS and the EM Pro is two completely different thing. The SDS is a diagnostic tool. The EM Pro is an engine management system what replaces the stock ECU. Did you try to downshift hard since you put back the clutch switch?

·
Registered
566 Posts
It is not surprising at all to have the C40 error after disabling the clutch switch. During a high RPM engine braking period the ECU will see that the clutch is pulled in, the throttle position is zero, so the engine should be at idle RPM. Due to the engine braking it isn't, so the ECU will try to lower the revs with the ISC, but whatever it tries to do the RPM is still in the sky, so it will trigger C40, idle speed too high.

·
The Crazy Hungarian
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It just weird, that nobody else had this problem before. I can not believe, that no '07-'08 1000 owners disabled the clutch switch so far...
Anyway. I hope this will be the solution. I'll let you know guys tonight.:cheers

·
The Crazy Hungarian
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm in Niagara falls. Let us know how it works out. It worked for me.
I was there on the weekend two weeks ago ;)
YESSSS!!!!! It works!!!!! [email protected]#$% clutch switch!!:cursing
I can't believe how sophisticated these ECU's nowadays. Now I will wire the clutch switch to the passing light switch, so when i start I just push the yellow button and the starter button together. I wanted to find a function for that button anyway, since I am having race plastics, no lights. :punk

·
Redneck Rider
1,741 Posts
Wow, fought with this thing forever, looking back it all started right after i messed with the switch. put the switch back in works perfect.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got a k8 750 by disabling the clutch switch u guys mean the little plastic box that makes it so u have to pull the clutch to start the engine?
Cuz the 750 one is the opposite of the 1000, ours extends out when the clutch is pulled so I actually cut the little plastic piece so it thinks the clutch is always engaged and I wouldn't have to pull it to start

·
The Crazy Hungarian
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
You going to have some problems. If you would read the whole thread about this you'll figure out...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey!!! did all of you had the problem before or after changing the clutch Lever, my 1k, k8 had the fi fault p0507 right after i changed the Clutch lever to an ASV clutch lever... so i am wondering if it is the lever or not. please comment..!

I did modify the position of the switch and the fault is gone.!... here is the picture..of what i did!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Wow, fought with this thing forever, looking back it all started right after i messed with the switch. put the switch back in works perfect.
Deleting / jumping the clutch switch has to be the #1 "simple problem that drives you nuts until you find it"

This is just a topic that comes up over and over and over..... I've personally seen it on .... 3 or 4 GSXR's ??

·
Redneck Rider
1,741 Posts
Yea it is!

·
Redneck Rider
1,741 Posts
Hey!!! did all of you had the problem before or after changing the clutch Lever, my 1k, k8 had the fi fault p0507 right after i changed the Clutch lever to an ASV clutch lever... so i am wondering if it is the lever or not. please comment..!

I did modify the position of the switch and the fault is gone.!... here is the picture..of what i did!
I do belive that yea the problems all started after the clutch switch was tampered with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey IridiumRed... does anyone know if problems started with your friends when they installed a new ASV clutch lever like it happened to me or if if someone had the problem with the original lever? please comment

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
hey IridiumRed... does anyone know if problems started with your friends when they installed a new ASV clutch lever like it happened to me or if if someone had the problem with the original lever? please comment
Do you have to pull in the clutch lever to start the bike? If the bike can start w/o the lever pulled in, than for whatever reason the bike still THINKS the clutch lever is pulled.... which means theres probably something wrong with how the switch is working

yes, an aftermarket lever COULD cause problems.... I dont know if an ASV specifically causes problems with your bike, but it could. It might interact with the switch differently.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
It is not surprising at all to have the C40 error after disabling the clutch switch. During a high RPM engine braking period the ECU will see that the clutch is pulled in, the throttle position is zero, so the engine should be at idle RPM. Due to the engine braking it isn't, so the ECU will try to lower the revs with the ISC, but whatever it tries to do the RPM is still in the sky, so it will trigger C40, idle speed too high.

I think I have this problem you are quoting here. My FI light comes on every time I brake from high speed, with the throttle position at zero! it then shows up the code C40, is this a faulty ISC?

Cheers

Shaun

·
The Crazy Hungarian
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I think I have this problem you are quoting here. My FI light comes on every time I brake from high speed, with the throttle position at zero! it then shows up the code C40, is this a faulty ISC?

Cheers

Shaun
Have you disabled the clutch switch?

21 - 40 of 63 Posts