Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had problem with my bike shutting off while cruising @ approximately 70MPH. I changed the fuel pump, it didn't help. I also bought a CDI BOX. Before I installed it, my friends refered me to a mechanic. He did the decompression check and he took it for a ride. There were no problem at all from what he seen. He said when he did the decrompression check, it seem to fixed whatever the problem was. I was so glad it only cost $30. I thought it takes more than a decompression check to fix the problem. Now I'm stuck with a CDI BOX, it's for sale if anyone interested.

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
88,756 Posts
what it may be is the kickstand safety switch. check the kickstand for wear it may be causing the switch to disengage from the kickstand bouncing off the switch from being worn out

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
yup i agree with the above...my 600 motor had the same prob..i unpluged the kickstand relay switch from the harness..very simple to do. try that out bro

·
Registered
481 Posts
From my experience my bike did the same thing.
It was an electrical problem.
the box next to the fuse box (where all the wires go into) one of them was loose, an orange one so i put it back in the box and taped it up with grey tape and taped the whole box up so now it doesn't move at all... if it moved even a little bit thebike wouldn't start after it died...

easy fix.
So glad it cost me nothing.
REID

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
What the hell is a decompression?? I have never heard of that. Did he let the air out of your tires and then put in fresh air?? lol

Really.. I would check the kickstand sensor... There is a lot of problems with vibration and making it THINK the stand has gone down.

Also, get some electric contact cleaner and some Di-Electric greese. Clean and greese every plug int eh bike..

John

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I think he was talking about a leak down (i hope)

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Originally posted by audi1031:
I think he was talking about a leak down (i hope)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ok that would make a lot more sence..

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts