Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I currently run a 2011 GSXR 1000 engine in my race car, we are needing an engine replacement to drop in and a 2011 model is proving hard to find, other models around 2011, (12,13,9,10) are available but are any of these with the same engine setup?
Thanks

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,332 Posts
No guarantee but, as best I can tell, K9-L6 is basically the same engine. They all appear to be the T717 engine so they ought to mount the same. I see Suzuki mentioning differences like the size of the cylinder-to-cylinder ventilation holes, lighter pistons, thinner tappet skirts, and different cam profiles. But that seems like small potatoes. Ebay engine listings commonly say 09 to 16 so they appear to be interchangeable. I also note that it's common for a boss that I think supports the sprocket cover to be broken. It's the one that's to the lower right as you look at the sprocket. The service manual indicates that it's on the driveshaft left bearing case that is removable from the crankcase but not sold separately. So it appears to be part of the crankcase assembly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay thanks mate, not sure if you could get away with a 2011 ECU with something like a 2014 engine though 🤔

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,332 Posts
^I don't claim to know but a different exhaust system was introduced in 2012. That and camshaft changes may be associated with different ECMs. But that shouldn't have anything to do with a car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts