Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am in the process of a rebuild and ran into a minor issue where I need a few special tools. The goal is to change on the seals and clean up the engine.

1. Starting with the Clutch. In order for me to remove it I need to following tool. Does anyone have a trick on getting this out, or is the tool absolutely necessary?
  • 09920-53740 Clutch sleeve hub holder

2. Followed by the starter clutch. Does anyone have a trick on getting this out, or is the tool absolutely necessary?
  • 09920-34830 Starter clutch holder

3. Then the rotor holder and rotor removal tool. Does anyone have a trick on getting this out, or is the tool absolutely necessary?
  • 09930-44520 Rotor holder
  • 09930-34980 Rotor removal tool

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Could I possibly use this for as opposed to the clutch holder tool?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,235 Posts
See the clutch mod writeup for comments on how to remove the clutch. There was an excellent writeup on rebuilding a K5 750 here that included pics of a homemade holder. It looked crude but did the job. The writeup contained a bunch of other tips - I hope the pics are still visible. I've wondered if a non-metallic strap wrench can be used to hold the generator rotor. I think that Motion Pro makes a puller for the rotor that's cheaper than Suzuki. Search via the Suzuki pn. Not sure about the starter clutch. I'd be thinking in terms of holding the generator rotor, making my own homebrewed tool, or maybe putting a plastic hose into one of the cylinders to keep it from rotating.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,235 Posts
The Brazilian company Silmar makes many of these tools. Their 527102 puller fits the generator rotor and costs less than $9. But I don't know where they're sold outside of Brazil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts