Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I blew out my #4 rod and bearing in my 98 600, now I want to put a 750 motor in it, but the only 750 engine I can find is fuel injected. Does anybody know if that motor will fit in my frame, if so, what mods do I need to do? Any feed back from someone who did this to their bike would be appreciated too! Thanx!

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
sorry to hear about your motor.... that sucks

to put the fuel injected 750 motor into your frame (it will bolt right in!) you need to get the following...

- motor and FI rack
- FI gas tank w/ the FI pump
- wire harness
- gauges
- ECU
- I *think* the airbox might have some sensor on it the carbed models don't but I'm not sure...

but just think you can sell off all your other stuff (tank, motor, gauges, etc...)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so the motor will just pop in. All the other stuff shouldnt be that hard to get! Is it worth the trouble though?

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
I personally think so. ACtually I'll be selling my bike soon and trying to find a salvaged 600 frame to dump a 98-99 750 motor into it.

the FI is easy to mess with the power commander for fuel/air mapping, and just thyink if you ever sell it thats a major point.... you pay 600 insurance but have a 750 under the hood

·
Registered
788 Posts
I put a 96 750 engine in my 97 600 and think it was worth it. You can put carbs on the 98-99 750 engines also. All these SRAD engines bolt straigh in.
0-I used the entire 600 electrical system except plugs, 600 airbox and cooling system- simpler than FI stuff but this seems doable also
1-get stock 39mm carbs and an engine/pipe (I paid $900 for the engine kit and $400 for a good used pipe+rear sprocket)
2-Komoto draggin sells the funny socket for the right rear engine mount http://www.komotodraggin.com/ or you can hammer it off if you want
3-A $30 rolling jack helps with the install
4-Took me + friend about 3-4 hours start to finish
the engine weighs 130 lbs and isn't hard to muscle.

I went from maybe 90 hp to 124 and alot more midrange, added about 4lbs to the stock bike.
I have about 40kmi on mine with no troubles, and with yosh cams and some dyno tuning it runs great, I might just get another engine when its time to overhaul. good luck

·
Registered
775 Posts
I put a 97' 750 motor in my 97 600 frame with no problem. Just make sure you get all the carbs and wiring when you buy a motor. If you goto fuel injected, you will need to modify your tank for an extra hose I believe. If you stick with a 97 motor, should be pretty straight forward. Also, your tach will be a little different between a 600 and 750. I think the 750 redlines at a little higher point. When I did it, I bought the motor, carbs, and wiring for like $1000, and sold my 600 motor for like $750. That was the cheapest and best horsepower upgrade I had ever done!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts