Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, this is not even cool.

I went to check my engine out, so i took that dipstick thing out (i think it is to measure how dirty the engine is), but it was COVERED IN DIRTY WATER. So, wtf, i cleaned it off. Put it back in and when i came back in an hour i checked and, once again it was covered in more dirty water

I cleaned it off over and over and realized in order to properly clean it, you have to take this plug out which emptys all of the dirty stuff from the engine! So i sprayed my hose in there and it was clean again.

Never-the-less i decided to see what kind of performance gain i got with a cleaner engine. But after 20 minutes the engine seized and I still wont start!!! HELP ME OUT HERE GUYS! I do not know what i did, how can cleaning the engine ruin the bike?!

[ 01-08-2003, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Intrigue ]

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
You wanna add some oil in there. You have a wet clutch which requires water but the engine also needs oil.
I reccomend any good sowing machine or gun oil to accomplish the best thing for your engine.

jontflesh

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Don't listen to fleshy, his bike
's oil all over the place. He uses thin stuff that
's out of the gaps.

Water on its own is a little thin, you should have mixed water, anti-sieze, WD40, and stabilizer in equal parts,

If it leaks (like fleshy's) you need to thicken it up a little, add a kilo of sugar for every 500cc, so a 750 needs 1500gm.

Another alternative is to add flour, but this tends to be hard to pour accurately.

Hope this Helps

[ 01-08-2003, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: fraggle ]

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
I doubt your engine is seized. Your bike is just used to being a dirty, grimey bastard and is rebeling. It'll come around eventually, just keep it clean and stand your ground.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys!! I had to use 20 bottles of WD40 to fill that bastard up!!! But its running well now.

My bike doesnt talk to me anymore though.. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Earl's makes an excellent oil filler cap/garden hose fitting mod. You just need to screw your garden hose into the modified filler cap, remove the drain plug and turn the water up about half way.

For longer rides, I recommend one of those hose rollup thingies to keep the bike neat.

Apparently antique bikes used a total loss system where the water dripped out of a tank, through the motor and onto the ground.

Oh, don't know where you live, but you _may_ want to install a Brita pre-filter on should you have a high chloramine/mineral issue - bad for the bearings. Also, if you don't filter it out, your bike will smell like a public swimming pool when you park it.

H2O rules!!! I got a water pumper in 93 an never looked back. No point....just a wet spot behind you anyway.

Always listen to the Flesh. He is so completely twisted that his gibberish actually makes sense and is quite logical.

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
I think the initial problem was a case of water "hardness". If you do a search on the net you will find that different regions/areas/streets etc have a different "hardness" to the water. I suggest your water is too hard and is stopping the pistons from moving up and down, you should be able to dose your water supply to make the water softer and allow free movement of the pistons. Another possible remedy is to aerate your water before you but it into the sump.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
You shoulda' just poured in sand in the first place to soak up all that dirty water.
Then it would run like a dream

Also smells like the beach while you're riding

1 - 8 of 8 Posts