Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and I have a couple questions regarding finding parts for my engine. I have an 07 750 with a blown motor. A spark plug went out scoring there cylinder and eventually burning the exhaust valve. Since the motors shot I figured I would try and look around for bore kits ect. I cant find any kits and was wondering if anyone knew of any, I am primarily looking for
  • Big bore kit for the cylinders
  • larger pistons
  • lightweight crank
  • larger cams
I have been quoted $1,400 for a used 750 engine from a reliable shop. I plan on getting a new motor but want to build the blown up one on the side, I am also aware it wont be cheap or easy to do. If anyone knows of any good companies/independent parties that make those parts let me know and thank you!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Well the problem is a 1k swap into the 07 750 frame is messy and I personally am a smaller guy so I prefer the lighter 750
I'm not talking about just an engine
And one can wonder how well an old engine can take those mods
As for weight, a 1k of the same year is just 20 pounds heavier, get something like a K3 or K5 and the difference is negligible throw on a 180 tire and it flicks about as well as the 750K6
and I'm also not one of the burliest guys, not even pushing 150lbs

·
Registered
206 Posts
Not sure where you could find over-bored components.
In the past, with a scored cylinder, we would have it re-sleeved and keep the original specs.
Been a long time though, so not sure what sort of pricing that would involve these days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Roadrash73
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing