Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!! Please I would like some information regarding the numbers for gsxr 1000 engine. I already red that T713 is for K5/6 and T715 for K7/8. Is this correct? What is The numbers for K9,L0, L1,L2, L3, L4,L5 (K9 -L5 year model)???? Also what does the last 6 numbers mean? For example T715 -123456 .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the inform ! I want to know if GSXR K9 (1000) is T717- .And do all the newest models (L0,L1,L2,L3,L4) have the same code T717-??. And if we suppose they do have the same,HOW do i understand the diffrence between K9 and L4 ?? Thaaannkkkksss!

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,713 Posts
I used to keep track of that but haven't been keeping it current. My notes say that K9-L2 is T717. Don't understand your "HOW" question. The "T" number is the basic engine design. But there could be year-to-year changes, say for example the throttle body, that wouldn't result in the engine design number being changed.

P.S. There's a T717 on ebay that's from a L5. So it was used at least through then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to keep track of that but haven't been keeping it current. My notes say that K9-L2 is T717. Don't understand your "HOW" question. The "T" number is the basic engine design. But there could be year-to-year changes, say for example the throttle body, that wouldn't result in the engine design number being changed.

P.S. There's a T717 on ebay that's from a L5. So it was used at least through then.
I just want to know, how can i recognize an K9 1000cc motor than a L4 1000cc motor,when both of them have the same engine code T717-...... Do the last 6 numbers T717-...... indicates the year model of gsxr to be placed, and not only the serial number of it ???

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,713 Posts
You could go through the parts fiche, look for parts that are different for the various years, and compare them with the motor of interest. Wiring harnesses have the part number on them. You could also go through the ebay, etc. listings and look for listings where the vehicle year and engine serial number are shown. The L5 that I found was 120479. The earliest that I noted was 103486. Don't know but it probably was a K9. Or you could ask whoever is selling it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts