Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people, i'm having a problem with my bike .. when i start it .. it stay on for a minute then the engine starts lagging.. i went through the bike today i pulled out my air box and found this .. could this be the problem ?

cheers

Attachments

·
Lets go racing!
7,568 Posts
What model gixxer do u have? roll on the throttle and u will find out, rotate back>throttle opens, release throttle> cable snaps back throttle to closed position

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What model gixxer do u have? roll on the throttle and u will find out, rotate back>throttle opens, release throttle> cable snaps back throttle to closed position
mine is a 2001 gsxr 600 with a 750 motor, when i roll the throttle only my cables on the left side of my throttle body moves but not the one that i'm showing in pictures, and the lover part of the throttle moves not the upper part .. does the upper part moves as well ? could this be the problem?

·
Lets go racing!
7,568 Posts
The cable that is frayed should be locked into that bracket right below it. Could it be the cause of the lag, maybe, but i'd replace the cable first and go from there.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The cable that is frayed should be locked into that bracket right below it. Could it be the cause of the lag, maybe, but i'd replace the cable first and go from there.
hey bro .. i checked the spark plugs and one plug was poped out and now it's running fine lool .. thanks alot bro big help !! :)

·
Lets go racing!
7,568 Posts
hey bro .. i checked the spark plugs and one plug was poped out and now it's running fine lool .. thanks alot bro big help !! :)

lol the spark plug was popped out! Damn, that doesn't sound too safe. I would get that cable replaced though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol the spark plug was popped out! Damn, that doesn't sound too safe. I would get that cable replaced though.
yea i'll do that ... i went to some shop and they told me to check the throttle body cuz sometimes it would be out of place and it could be the problem .. but it was only the spark plugs .. hopefully .. i'm working on it now .. i'll let you know what happening .. and thanks bro

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Seriously?!? No one is screaming "DO NOT RIDE YOUR BIKE WITH THE THROTTLE CABLE IN SUCH CONDITION!!"?

Well, I guess I will: DO NOT RIDE YOUR BIKE WITH THE THROTTLE CABLE IN SUCH CONDITION!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
That upper valve is your secondary throttle valve. The cable should be replaced. Many argue about whether the secondary throttle valve has any value...I'm not in a position to have an opinion. But for everything to work as designed, the cable should be replaced. The upper valves should close up some on low-mid throttle and some transitions. Automagically LOL. (ECU controlled)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts