Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was running great until I ran thru a hole in the road.my bike is lowered so i heard it scrape .get home ten mins later and right when I get on my street my motor started making this knocking sound .could my exhaust be loose could it be misfiring ,maybe a cam chain tensioner? Please I really need help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Was running great until I ran thru a hole in the road.my bike is lowered so i heard it scrape .get home ten mins later and right when I get on my street my motor started making this knocking sound .could my exhaust be loose could it be misfiring ,maybe a cam chain tensioner? Please I really need help
Can send video idk why it won't let me post it on here

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
There’s a post requirement of some sort for posting links.

Anyrate , hit a hole and suddenly got a knocking? Seems odd, look for something loose, the motor makes a bunch of noises even when in perfect working order, but a internal knocking from a pot hole seems super unlikely...

If your bike is slammed (lowered) then yeah it’s possible you bent the rear lower fairing bracket and soon to melt the fairing on your fairings on the exhaust, if you scraped up your exhaust then sure it’s possible you buggered up the exhaust in some way , but a exhaust wouldn’t make a knocking sound......

Not sure what you want us to help ya with... till you isolate the sound/knock of concern, then your just pissing in the wind... and it boils down to your own ability to trouble shoot and isolate the point of concern.....

If you dropped the bike and bent some covers, that would be a good place to look... Although most lowered and slammed bikes are usually treated like dirt and beat to a pulp , it really could be anything from a loose clamp to a improperly routed wire to a bent mount or anything.....

In short, a video won’t help, and there’s not enough information provided to help you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts