Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently drained the coolant out of the radiator and flushed it really good. I replaced it with Engine Ice coolant. Before leaving on a weekend trip to Flordia, I made sure that i had enough coolant in the reservior and I let the engine heat up so that the thermostat would enguage to allow the coolant to disperse throughout the engine. I had enough to the full line before leaving. When I returned from the trip, I noticed that the reservior was bone dry!, The bike did not once run hot (however it was like 60 degrees outside) so I didn't think of checking. I did take the fairings off and checked all of the hoses for evidence of leaks, but none could be found. All of the connections were tight and everything. Does this stuff evaporate? Damn, I hope not! Has anyone had this problem before or am I the "lone wolf"? Maybe aliens sucked it out while I was asleep or something as some kinda of sick joke. Damn aliens!...Thanks....J

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
you got me on this one....

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like you didn't bleed the air out properly.
maybe thats the case, I thought that I did however I could have missed it. Thanx..hey Ant, gottcha on this one, guess you don't have the answer on everything.
Thanx again....God Bless...J

·
Registered
22 Posts
its just like flushin coolant on a car...fill the radiator till it pours out the top...let the engine run with the cap off..once the thermostat opens up..pour more till it tops off..do this bout a good 2-3 times..then cap it off..then you fill your resovoir to the max line..

·
Registered
408 Posts
Funny you mention this. Just last week I was watching a special on Discovery Channel about aliens and their addiction to antifreeze. Supposedly water wetter, and engine ice are like crystal meth for them.

·
Registered
12,388 Posts
its just like flushin coolant on a car...fill the radiator till it pours out the top...let the engine run with the cap off..once the thermostat opens up..pour more till it tops off..do this bout a good 2-3 times..then cap it off..then you fill your resovoir to the max line..

Depends on what car you are talking about. Most gixxers have a screw on the t stat housing to burp the system.

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny you mention this. Just last week I was watching a special on Discovery Channel about aliens and their addiction to antifreeze. Supposedly water wetter, and engine ice are like crystal meth for them.

I knew it! Crop circles my ass...they are all just "tanked" and could drive the ship in a straight line due to antifreeze. It all makes perfect since now...thanx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts