Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so we went out riding yesterday, and after a little bit noticed a slight clicking noise with the RPMS. Basically around 3 thousand to 10 thousand or so. IT was annoying and at first sounded like a loose bolt, screw, etc...I checked the oil and everything looked ok. As a matter of fact i just had an oil change and new filter put on about 1 month ago.

So anywys after riding for a while i noticed the noise got louder, basically almost through all rpms above 3 grand or so and in all gears.....Then as i was trying to get it home it started to turn into a very loud knocking sound. It really sounded like it had no oil, but i pulled over and the oil gauge showed it being full. I had a buddy come and we loaded into his truck and took it home.

So anyways, it starts, and runs, but has this super loud knocking sound...Any ideas on what this might be, and anything i can look at?

Also this is a 2003 with around 5700 miles, is it still under warranty for anything?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
73,384 Posts
sounds like a spun bearing to me, but without actually hearing the noise, i can't tell you exactly. bring it to a reputable mechanic and they will be able to tell you what is up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
my 03 is in the shop right now with the same problem. if you got the exdened warranty you should be good if not better cough up $1,500 clams

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just had the same thing happen on my '03 at the same milage. Started out as a ticking sound starting at around 4500rpm, 1000 miles later turned into a knock . Tried to nurse it home Friday night and the bearings got so bad that it lost oil pressure.

3 '03s with the same problem, could be a problem.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Ok, so we went out riding yesterday, and after a little bit noticed a slight clicking noise with the RPMS. Basically around 3 thousand to 10 thousand or so. IT was annoying and at first sounded like a loose bolt, screw, etc...I checked the oil and everything looked ok. As a matter of fact i just had an oil change and new filter put on about 1 month ago.

So anywys after riding for a while i noticed the noise got louder, basically almost through all rpms above 3 grand or so and in all gears.....Then as i was trying to get it home it started to turn into a very loud knocking sound. It really sounded like it had no oil, but i pulled over and the oil gauge showed it being full. I had a buddy come and we loaded into his truck and took it home.

So anyways, it starts, and runs, but has this super loud knocking sound...Any ideas on what this might be, and anything i can look at?

Also this is a 2003 with around 5700 miles, is it still under warranty for anything?

Any help is appreciated.
loose exhaust header..??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts