Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Faps to Fantasy Football, and fails at that even
10,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C'mon when are they going to have a reputable fighter go up against Kimbo?!!?!?!

Shamrock hasnt won a feight in 4 years!!! if it goes to the ground, I'd give the fight to Ken but, I have a feeling Shaw (owner) of Elite XC will rig Kimbo's fight like the last one.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Kimbo's garbage he has decent stand up but you can play with him and wear him out or take him to the ground and submit him just stay away from his right cross. Shamrock is washed up I would like to see Couture or Lidell fight Kimbo. He would get his ass beat

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
ive said this before and ill say it again Kimbo is shit.....youtube made him famous cause he won some fights in a backyard or a shipyard..they he lost a fight to gannon(i think thats his name) OVER RATED.. thats it.... if he would of started training when he was younger he would of become a great fighter...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yea Kimbo is good at what he does.. beating up untrained fighters in a backyard. Put him up against REAL athletes in MMA and you'll always see that he doesn't belong there. Unfortunately, washed up fighters like Shamrock are the only ones who will be willing to fight Kimbo. None of the top guys will fight Kimbo because it would make them look like a joke. I got shamrock for the win in that one.. by what else... leg-lock submission.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
ive been watching kimbo before he was a mma fighter in those backyard brawls and like u said if its an untrained fighter theres no chance but if ya got skill then he will go down.

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
Hes just a modern day Tank Abbott. Bar room brawler, fighting washed up fighters. Dudes gonna get crushed here soon.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
the sad thing is that elitexc will rig the fight so that kimbo will win. the last fight, like others have said before me was bullshit! how can you take 30 elbows to the head for 3 min and not defend yourself and no one calls the fight but the mans ear starts bleeding and its called immediately. hello the robby lawler and scott smith was much more bloody and no one called it. they had to find an opportunity to have kimbo win b/c he woulda lost on points. mma is going to become the next boxing

·
Registered
85 Posts
Shamrock was hurt and they put Petruzelli up against Kimblo. glass jaw=Kimbo.:piss

·
Registered
301 Posts
Here is something to understand.

Elite needed a name, a poster boy... and they found one, even if he is an untrained hack.

He's got "street cred" as rediculous as that sounds but its there.

Now, of course they realize how untalented he is ATM, but they have pushed him and if they want to be credible in the future, they are forced into continuing to back him.

They are trying to build his record against names he can beat. Yes they are washed up but they are names regardless. So, 10-15 fights against washed up names, and by they time they have either managed to train the bearded ape, or used him for ever cent he's worth.

I still don't like him, but I still where Elite is going with this.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I doubt eliteXC will last long enough for that plan to pan out.

That's the thing though, its a joke, but its making money.

In my industry there is a company that is laughed at by anyone who is serious about it, but they are the leading money maker out of everyone, possibly combined. Why? Wal-Mart. They have their products at Wal-Mart and it is the largest mass merchandiser.

Network MMA? Forget about it. Without actually knowing numbers, I would bet a hunk of tiramasu (so tasty) that Elite is posting bigger numbers than UFC and the other one (sorry, mind is blank right now) combined.

Regardless of how big a joke they may be to people in the know, to the public at large, they might be the only version of MMA that they know.

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
I did hear that Kimbo demanded more money due the fighter change which shows that he was smart in that sense

·
Registered
85 Posts
Petruzelli is from the same town I am from. As much as I hate Kimbo and what he stands for, even the best fighters get caught slipping at least once. Kimb was taking a nap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts