Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I've been a member for a while now, but due to the extensive amount of information on here I've never had to ask a question! Unfortunately that time has come.

I have an issue with the bike running rough at low rpm and cutting out on tick over.

I had a PCV installed with a map on it for a track i use and thought it maybe an issue with the PCV. Upon checking it it was clearly evident that there is something up with my throttle position as it's sitting at 90% on idle.

When i rest the idle using the configuration option, it would only go down to 30% at idle. Being that this is a strange issue, i opted to remove the PCV and try again, this didn't work!

It's still running pretty rough and cutting out.

A few things i need to take into consideration would be the battery went totally flat for a short period of time over winter, and my last ride on it prior to winter was fine. Something between now and then has gone wrong.

I have read about resetting the TPS in dealer mode for the older bikes, nothing for my year. It's a 2010 K9 1000.

Any suggestions would be great!

Kindest regards
James

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm unable to set the TPS through the PCV, and have since removed the PCV.

Is there an full guide on setting it in dealer mode?

·
Banned
184 Posts
You knowatt, I'm going by the service plug, paper clip two wires, the dash comes on with some tps popup window, you move the mode switch or trip button, something to that same effect. The pc will only line up with whatever the tps lines up with. First you need the bike's tps to lines up the 1 bar so 3 bars line up even is the preset. Maybe something old school like the busa. Once the bike's tps is 0 to 100 say; is when you will see the pc zero out to 0 and WOT at 100%. Make sense?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,718 Posts
My K6 isn't blessed with an ISC but I see that it has a "learned value" that can be reset by SDS. Might it have something to do with your problem? See 1A-97 in the service manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts