Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 05 gsxr1k and I lost compression in August so I took motor out and rebuilt it. Bike ran before I pulled motor after compression issue. So I finished the build put motor back in went to start fuel pump no prime. There is check on the dash. The kill switch is in the run position. Bike cranks just no prime to the pump. Checked fuses all are ok. The fuel pump relay is getting power to it just not goin to pump. I need help badly!!!!!!!!

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,757 Posts
So if you manually prime it through the throttle bores, it will run briefly?

"There is check on the dash."
What does that mean? Have you put it in dealer mode?

·
8,757 Posts
CHEC appears if the cluster isn't receiving information from the ECM. The most common reason is that the ECM isn't receiving power, ex. the Engine Stop switch isn't on. But it could also be a problem with the B/G serial data line from the ECM to the cluster.

Male sure that there's power to the ECM. You can check it at the O/W lead on the dealer mode connector.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So if you manually prime it through the throttle bores, it will run briefly?

"There is check on the dash."
What does that mean? Have you put it in dealer mode?
Yes I have put it in dealer mode nothin
CHEC appears if the cluster isn't receiving information from the ECM. The most common reason is that the ECM isn't receiving power, ex. the Engine Stop switch isn't on. But it could also be a problem with the B/G serial data line from the ECM to the cluster.

Male sure that there's power to the ECM. You can check it at the O/W lead on the dealer mode connector.
checked O/W lead on the dealer mode and it’s getting power

·
8,757 Posts
You could also check the R lead on the nearby Suzuki Access Port connector. It should be 5 V when there's power to the ECM. If that's OK you need to start looking that the wiring from the ECM to the cluster. In particular the big connector inside the left front cowling can develop failed contacts.

You never indicated if the bike will run briefly if manually primed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You could also check the R lead on the nearby Suzuki Access Port connector. It should be 5 V when there's power to the ECM. If that's OK you need to start looking that the wiring from the ECM to the cluster. In particular the big connector inside the left front cowling can develop failed contacts.

No the bike will not run just crank

thank you guys for all your help I just figured out what my problem was it was my orange and white wire that was the problem it was barely in the ecm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts