Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys, I got all the problems of my last post fixed, but there is another problem I need to address in the week that my plastics are in the paint shop...

When I pulled out the wiring harness that attaches to the Speedo and Tachometer Lights to work on it, I had to seperate 3 connections from the back of the Tach (they were just twisted together) and though I labelled them and put them back together with butt connectors, now, for some reason my Tach is not working at all. I don't know if anybody might be so helpful as to maybe tell me what color wires to connect to which. (it's the harness that connects to the warning lights too)

The other problem I'm having is my rear brake light... However this guy wired my brake light up, is always lit up, it doesn't change even when I hit the brakes, this is a major safety concern for me, so if somebody would be so kind as to explain the prongs in the wiring harness for me, that would be nice, as I will be mating a Yamaha R6 Taillight to my rear end, due to it's custom nature.

Thanks again very much, you guys are the reason I get to Keep my motorcycle.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
look on the back theres a black+red striped wire on the back of the tach that goes to the CDI it runs the tach make sure this connections are good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey there, the black/red is connected to the other black/red, and there is a black/white connected to another black/white, the only wierd thing is there is a orange/green wire coming out of the tach connected to some kind of orange/blue or green/blue (bike is not here with me right now) and that is the only wire that is worrying me. I would love the wiring diagram if somebody has it, my e-mail is [email protected] I really need to know what is wrong with my dummy lights too, as none of the bulbs are burned out, but the bike will not register highbeams, neutral, turn signals, or the red light of the 4. Please somebody help me, send me the wiring diagram or something, I'm really up a creek here...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.