Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy! I picked up a k7 recently (my last post has a pic) and it has stock everything with the exception of a Yoshimura slip on. The bike seems to run lean and the idle bounces a little like it's trying to find its place. I've read that some kind of fuel mapping can help fix this but I'm green to the tuning thing and I'm not sure where to start. I'm really not looking for any big performance gains in hp as the bike is plenty strong as is. I'd just like to get it running smooth and am looking for the most basic approach for this. Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Howdy! I picked up a k7 recently (my last post has a pic) and it has stock everything with the exception of a Yoshimura slip on. The bike seems to run lean and the idle bounces a little like it's trying to find its place. I've read that some kind of fuel mapping can help fix this but I'm green to the tuning thing and I'm not sure where to start. I'm really not looking for any big performance gains in hp as the bike is plenty strong as is. I'd just like to get it running smooth and am looking for the most basic approach for this. Thanks!
Hey man read your last post, beautiful bike and 3500 was a steal. I have a 2011 1000 and upon starting I run into that same issue where the rpm fluctuates between 1000-1500. Once the bike is warm she idles normal. I'm getting my power commander 5 put on here in the next few days, I'll update you and let you know if it fixed my issue. Was also looking into ECU flash, may be something I shoot for later down the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts