Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd like to go with a Woolich package for the ECU flash/tune. Are the 2019 model's compatible with the 2020 or am I playing the waiting game for them to release a 2020 version. If not, any idea what my options are? I have to get rid of this engine decell, it makes the bike so annoying when cruising.

I'm also reading that those servo buddies may or may not have the correct voltage, and it's very bike dependent making it a hit or miss thing. So I am wondering the best way to remove the SETA exhaust valves. Can anyone shed any light? much appreciated!

Edit: I forget, they didn't release a model 2019.

·
Just call me Colonel Angus
86 Posts
I'd like to go with a Woolich package for the ECU flash/tune. Are the 2019 model's compatible with the 2020 or am I playing the waiting game for them to release a 2020 version. If not, any idea what my options are? I have to get rid of this engine decell, it makes the bike so annoying when cruising.

I'm also reading that those servo buddies may or may not have the correct voltage, and it's very bike dependent making it a hit or miss thing. So I am wondering the best way to remove the SETA exhaust valves. Can anyone shed any light? much appreciated!
I expect the hardware & harnesses would hookup the same but I'd put in a support ticket to make sure, and also to make sure they have the bin file definitions available for you to be able to use the software. They're usually pretty quick about responding to tickets. Don't know what interface you're looking at but it sounds like you want to be able to tune, so I'll say the Log Box & O2 sensor are worth the extra $ compared to just the USB.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I expect the hardware & harnesses would hookup the same but I'd put in a support ticket to make sure, and also to make sure they have the bin file definitions available for you to be able to use the software. They're usually pretty quick about responding to tickets. Don't know what interface you're looking at but it sounds like you want to be able to tune, so I'll say the Log Box & O2 sensor are worth the extra $ compared to just the USB.
Yes, definitely the full package. Great advise, I will open a support ticket right now. Hopefully it works with the 20, as I just ordered an Akrapovic Header to attach to the free Yosh Alpha Signature.

·
86 Posts
Yes, definitely the full package. Great advise, I will open a support ticket right now. Hopefully it works with the 20, as I just ordered an Akrapovic Header to attach to the free Yosh Alpha Signature.
If you will be flashing your stock ECU I would highly recommend saving all flash configurations in a safe file so you can go back to it if things go wrong. Woolich definitely gives you the power to do both of those things, in addition to removing restrictions and improving AFR's. If you know a skilled dyno tech, they're a great help too. It's a great debate about which is better but I think both can be very helpful.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered it already and just got a notification that it shipped already, w00t! Picked up a dealer mode switch as not to waste $300 @ the stealership on first service.

I cannot wait to unlock this beast!

I have, enroute:
Sprint P08 Air Filter
Akrapovic Header
Brembo RCS19
Vesrah SRJL XX pads
RK 520 ZXW Chain
Driven Steal 520 Rear 48T, Front - 16T
Woolich ECU Flash package.
New Rage Cycles LED Fender Elim (Very cool looking, mounts flush, like the old one I had on the 750)

Should be a fun weekend. I'm wondering if the stock steal lines are worthy, or need to be swapped out. With the ABS it seems like a hassle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just put on the healtech ESC and its amazing, Ive ridden 200 miles so far with it and no problems, and I am going to have my ecu flashed with Brocks Performace next week.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ran into some issues ordering Akrapovic Header, here in Califoristan, EPA won't allow it to be sent due to CARB emissions or some crap. Anyone is Cali have a solution for ordering a header. Maybe I should try someone else besides Revzilla and STG. This CAT needs to GO!

Healtech has several interesting products, I'll have to read up some more on them..

·
Registered
285 Posts
Order headers and muffler separately. Or have it shipped to someone out of cali then have it held at local to you ups facility aka redirected

·
86 Posts
Ran into some issues ordering Akrapovic Header, here in Califoristan, EPA won't allow it to be sent due to CARB emissions or some crap. Anyone is Cali have a solution for ordering a header. Maybe I should try someone else besides Revzilla and STG. This CAT needs to GO!

Healtech has several interesting products, I'll have to read up some more on them..
Since this is obviously being built as a track-only bike, I wonder how the track guys would do it.

Could be that they have custom made, or maybe ship to a shop in Reno or Vegas for pickup? Never been to Cali so I don't know.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is that a joke? Maybe buy from a private seller on eBay or something.
I tend to avoid eBay like the plague. Burned too many times on counterfeit/fake items, it didn't even cross my mind to check there, lol. I guess I'll take a chance on it, here goes nothing.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am going to change my gearing to 16/48.. I wonder if this will effect the TC at all. I thought I remember reading you have to enter these new gearing numbers into a part of the ECU and they are factored into traction control, but I don't see that setting in the Woolich Racing software.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts