Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Looks too long , and I'm sure that throws a wrench in the wind tunnel engineers wet dreams.
Side view may be different......... If it's an extra fender. Draw some lines on it , and maybe cut it somewhere, where it looks fitting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I respect it slowrider, it is an extra fender!! As far as drawing lines on it I understand what you mean.... as far a functionality it gave me 3mph on the big end.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,912 Posts
Definitely doesn't fit, but I suppose it would make more sense to average runs before and after the fender to see if it actually helps at all. If it doesn't, I see no need to rock an ugly fender.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Yes on the fender at the drag strip. It does look a little big on the street. Do you have lowering straps on that while riding on the street? Real question... how does that handle on the street? I would guess its incredibly dangerous. But thats just a guess. I never rode a strapped down front end,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Definitely doesn't fit, but I suppose it would make more sense to average runs before and after the fender to see if it actually helps at all. If it doesn't, I see no need to rock an ugly fender.
I agree with you brother, with that being said, There was same day testing done and I can tell you with use of a Draggy there was a promising Improvement with TOP SPEED runs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes on the fender at the drag strip. It does look a little big on the street. Do you have lowering straps on that while riding on the street? Real question... how does that handle on the street? I would guess its incredibly dangerous. But thats just a guess. I never rode a strapped down front end,
Great question, with all honesty I was under the impression that lowering a bike and strapping would turn the handling characteristics into crap. I can tell you when strapped it is useless around corners! As far as what its intended for straight line digs and 9/10ths the strap/lowering is absolutely the best thing I have done in terms of getting to WOT as fast as possible. After lowering the bike I actually enjoyed cornering even more as it felt more fluid and stable entering and exiting corners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts