Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good ebay seller (or another option) for a fuel pump - 2004 gsxr 600.

Thanks

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,844 Posts
Yes, any that has a large brand name: Aeromotive, Deutschwerks, Walbro, Mitsubishi. The rest of them are cheap garbage that I wouldn't trust for a dyno run, let alone preventing me from being stranded as I ride it around in the countryside.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,844 Posts
What about: Quantum, Kemso, CNT Racing, or HFP?

Thanks
All Chinese pumps. There's a reason you pay ~$100 for any of my aforementioned pumps and the latter cost $15-20.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
All Chinese pumps. There's a reason you pay ~$100 for any of my aforementioned pumps and the latter cost $15-20.
The Quantum goes for about $80 (I thought that might be a mid-level pump). I did find a Deutschwerks for about $160. Do you know of a website that I can get a quality pump for $100-120?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
The Quantum pump seems to be ok,as Schnitz Racing sells them and they typically don't sell junk. I would trust the Quantum over the typical inexpensive eBay Chinese junk.

·
Uses squid tentacles as a butt-plug
262 Posts
Truthfully I don't go with anything but OEM on some things fuel pumps is one of them. Just spend the money its about double what you want to pay but you have to understand how horrible it would be to be stranded or it might even cost you alot more in the future. DONT SKIMP on your bikes guys haha drives me crazy :nono you want to have a nice running bike gotta pay for it. Dont expect your bike to be safe to ride when all you put into it is the cheapest stuff or "mid-level" parts. Most are precision machines and need to be treated as such.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
Truthfully I don't go with anything but OEM on some things fuel pumps is one of them. Just spend the money its about double what you want to pay but you have to understand how horrible it would be to be stranded or it might even cost you alot more in the future. DONT SKIMP on your bikes guys haha drives me crazy :nono you want to have a nice running bike gotta pay for it.
The way I look at it, is that any time someone wants to replace a part and KNOW it works- go OEM. It's 10 times as evident for electrical. The only time you go aftermarket for electrical is when the OEM simply does not make that particular item, like a fuel controller. The only time to go to aftermarket parts is when you accept the fact that you might have to fuck with it until it works. This holds true regardless of brand or component except for, maybe replacement drive chain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts