Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Needs a clutch, I would want some detailed pics, and the mileage the 1052 motors are pretty bullit proof though, not a bad buy it now price, if you have the cash get it, but be prepared to spend that over again to build the motor, and I didn't see aa set of carbs, just filters. I would alos ask, if any head work was done, because it looked really clean.
-Karl

·
Registered
978 Posts
it looks like it has head work i.e. dished valves,to clean to have that many miles on it i would try to get it just for the head
good luck

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
For $900 I'd have bought it before I started my big bore on the 750 ($1400 and counting). You could put it back together properly and have a tire eating machine. Do IT!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I bought the MOFO!!!! Only took me nine months to find the right motor

I'm driving up from KC Saturday to pick it up - I will post more info about the motor and my 7-11 project when I get into the engine. Thanks for the input guys - it helped to make up my minde

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#6A7FB8" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#2f2f4f">Originally posted by Groo:
Well, I bought the MOFO!!!! Only took me nine months to find the right motor

I'm driving up from KC Saturday to pick it up - I will post more info about the motor and my 7-11 project when I get into the engine. Thanks for the input guys - it helped to make up my minde
</td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>Cool! Post pics of the rebuild as it wears you down...er, I mean goes a along!!

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
congradulations

sounds like you will be up and running before me
-Karl

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#6A7FB8" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#2f2f4f">Originally posted by MrTris:
Cool deal

Let us know how it goes.
</td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>and from me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts