1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
404 Posts
are you saying that isn't the correct upper, because it is, didn't change on the 1100 till 95, or are you just mentioning what a piece of redneck crap that poor bike has turned into?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Aye the 94 1100 had that light chris, the 1100's were a year behind the 750's for all the 'design' changes that happened (like that, pillion footrests, swingarm etc).

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
In looking at that, it appears to have been pieced together. Different wheels are the big clue. I'd be skeptical of it being even 1/10th of what the seller says it is.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are you saying that isn't the correct upper, because it is, didn't change on the 1100 till 95, or are you just mentioning what a piece of redneck crap that poor bike has turned into?
im not saying that it isnt the right onw, i didnt know. i didnt think that the 1100 had that upper. wow Dave, tell me what you think about it. :lol

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
In looking at that, it appears to have been pieced together. Different wheels are the big clue. I'd be skeptical of it being even 1/10th of what the seller says it is.
those are the correct wheels for the black-paint scheme 94 1100, at least the rear is. the front was most probably polished and homer never got around to polishing the rear.

if it is in good running condition like the owner states, then it is a good buy at the right price.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
"If" is the qualifying word here. W/out seeing it in person -- to me -- it wouldn't even be worth considering a bid.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
What? Fighting to stay on the street? I'd believe that.

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
The paint scheme is ugly as sin, but the bike does look intact. If it runs well - someone will geta hell of a deal. Shit, my bike was really rough IMO and I paid WAY TOO MUCH in hind site - like $3400.00. Not to mention the additional 8-10k to make it what it is today.
Those look like the original wheels and that upper is the same as mine.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
EVO, I believe the paint scheme is called "spray-bomb".

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
"If" is the qualifying word here. W/out seeing it in person -- to me -- it wouldn't even be worth considering a bid.
i don't see what the big deal is with this bike; it is intact, good running bike(supposedly), 1100 (always worth more than 750's), and has a yosh.

yes, the paint on the fairings is not stock. it appears like the tank is stock paint, but the fairings are in good condition and you can easily get them painted. the wheels, those are easily replaceable, paintable or just polish the rear.

seriously, what is the big deal? it is easy to jump on the criticize bandwagon. right now, the price is $2500 and that is still a good deal by my standards. anymore than that, and the deal starts to fade fast.

my 2 cents. ;)

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I'm not discounting anyone's .02. My position (and I'm entitled to it) w/ re: to vehicles on Ebay, is that I don't bid on them. I'm not willing to take the chance one something that I 1) can't test drive/ride, and 2) can't lay hands on to inspect. I am, and have always been, a skeptical cynic. And insofar as ebay is concerned, my cynicism and skepticism are what I let lead me. Good deal or not, I wouldn't bid on it. But that's me. And it takes all types to make the world go 'round.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
those are the correct wheels for the black-paint scheme 94 1100, at least the rear is. the front was most probably polished and homer never got around to polishing the rear.

if it is in good running condition like the owner states, then it is a good buy at the right price.
IT LOOKS LIKE THE FRONT RIM IS JUST REALLY REALLY FADED.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I do not think that the complaints are solely based on the bike so much as the owner, and the community college marketing ad. For me its the 'original hayabusa reference that immediately puts me on the defensive. 2500 is the absolute max that the bike is worth, if you put another 2500 into it, it might be worth 3000.00.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
9 Participants
davewaibel
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing