Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this item on ebay, and had a bid on it, and someone out bid me... but now that I look at these I'm kind of hesitant... they say "mikuni" carbs.. can anyone verify this simply by looking? I'm new to doing carb work, but these don't look like any mikunis I've seen. If I bid on these, am I getting had?

Here they are

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Yep- that's a set of Mikuni CV's for sure; they're just shown with the inlet bell facing down.

Don't get into too much of a bidding war on them... they show up from time to time in various classifieds for $150 - $200(max) in VG+/EC condition, shipping included.

Ed

·
Registered
316 Posts
They look like CV mikunis to me...The pic is from the motor side and the choke is on the carbs like a set of RS flatslides (which they are not).

The seller doesn't seem to know much about them and that would concern me.

Also the carbs usually are a little different from year to year with the GSX-Rs so if you are looking to swap parts you may not be able to.

-Dave

·
Registered
763 Posts
MrSlappyPants,

If you need a TRUE set of GSXR CV carbs for you oil-cooled GSXR,

I have the following sizes for the oil-cooled GSXR's that came off of 1988-1992 GSXR 750's and 1100's...

1 - 36 mm CV carbs Mikuni, stage 3 with V&H filters (in so so condition)..... would suggest replacing the o-rings in the carbs perhaps...

2 - Sets of 38 mm CV carbs Mikuni stage 3 K&N kits with K&N filters.... both sets ready to bolt on.......

One note: If you do get different carbs, try and get the carbs boots for the motor too... to go from your 34mm CV's to the 36's or 38's will be very hard to do with the 34 mm carbs boots on your motor..... VERY TIGHT FIT.

Prices on my carbs:

36's - 130.00 + shipping

38's - 160.00 + shipping each

If you need a set let me know...

Thanks,

JDB1371

[ 07-29-2002, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: J.D. ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts