Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everybody know that the bike produces its maximum horsepower at redline (give or take) so I thought if you change the redline upwards you will get more power. I changed the colour of my redline on my tacho back to white and moved it up a few thousand revs. Now I have a redline of 20000 rpm. I had to scribble a few number on (taken from a great tip by FastCat, thanx man
), previously I had 150hp at the spark plugs at 15000rpm, now with the redline mod I have 200hp, what a difference!!!. I did not even need to change the blinker fluid either. The extra hp did make me think I will need to redo my muffler bearings to stand all the extra vroom coming out of the exhaust.

[ 10-16-2002, 04:23 AM: Message edited by: gsxrboy ]

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Do like i did - swap the tacho with one from a F-16 fighter jet. It doesn't redline till 70000 rpm, so now I have 700 HP on the spark plugs!!! Can I do wheelies easy now or what?

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
I usually keep this info to myself, but I believe in helping out fellow gixxer.comers. The secret is to remove the red line all together. The bike will constantly be reving to find that pesky little red bastard and it is nowhere to be found. Your bike will rev into infinity and then some

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Originally posted by gsxr313:
I usually keep this info to myself, but I believe in helping out fellow gixxer.comers. The secret is to remove the red line all together. The bike will constantly be reving to find that pesky little red bastard and it is nowhere to be found. Your bike will rev into infinity and then some
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think you'll find that there is also a pin that needs to be removed from the engine. I first came across this years ago when someone I know removed the pin from a Mazda rotary engine and it revved to over 24000 rpm. We thought that was pretty good at the time but these days if you do it with a bike - WOW - I have used a timing light to check one engine and it was over 39000 rpm and that was only at half throttle.

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah yes the special pin, Mr David Owen, "super mechanic to the stars". I wonder if he ever made a million out of his ideas... Anyhoo yes the pin has to come out

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Originally posted by gsxrboy:
Ah yes the special pin, Mr David Owen, "super mechanic to the stars". I wonder if he ever made a million out of his ideas... Anyhoo yes the pin has to come out
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I am pretty sure he went on to work for a special division of HSV and was head of 'Project Barina'. Last I heard was that they had some trouble with the wheels spinning too fast for the chassis so the whole pin removal idea didn't go as well as planned.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Originally posted by gsxrboy:
That would explain why the latest Falcons kick the Commodores ass...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That probably does have a lot to do with it. HSV really have been going downhill since he started on Project Barina! They were going to try and get it to this years Bathurst but the problems with the rev limiting and the anti-rev pin pushed the project behind schedule

·
Registered
887 Posts
Man im doing this redline mod tonight. I really wanna do like 200 mph wheelies. damn like 200 hp should be enough to do a 200 mph wheelie right, if not tell me cause im gonna do the f-16 mod instead.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Originally posted by YellowGixxer:
Man im doing this redline mod tonight. I really wanna do like 200 mph wheelies. damn like 200 hp should be enough to do a 200 mph wheelie right, if not tell me cause im gonna do the f-16 mod instead.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Just make sure you put nerf fairing on your bike so that if you do lose it then the bike will be ok.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Originally posted by Woodster:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by gsxr313:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think you'll find that there is also a pin that needs to be removed from the engine. I first came across this years ago when someone I know removed the pin from a Mazda rotary engine and it revved to over 24000 rpm. We thought that was pretty good at the time but these days if you do it with a bike - WOW - I have used a timing light to check one engine and it was over 39000 rpm and that was only at half throttle.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">side fact: the first rotary engines were reving up to 24000 RPM for real...

[ 10-30-2002, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: GizmoR ]

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by GizmoR:
side fact: the first rotary engines were reving up to 24000 RPM for real...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Cool bit of trivia
... anyhoo change those numbers !!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts