Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
hm..im in need of some protein bars for a quick fix at work instead of eating junk food. i might have to pick some up.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Protein bars are a processed food, not a real good choice. I mean they work in emergencies but as for depending on them for a daily snack I would opt to make a protein shake in a shaker and eat a serving of almonds.. Protein shakes are simple, just get a shaker cup, put a scoop in it, carry it with you in your car and add water, shake and drink. Syntha 6 by BSN is a good choice for a woman or anyone looking for a meal replacement snack.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
Like the Blake-man said, best to only use them in a pinch since they usually have to fill them with not so healthy stuff to give them texture and stuff. I usually take them with me when I'm either driving on the road or stuck in an airplane.

But Dilly, if you want a bar that will blow those away in the taste dept. try these. They are without a doubt the best tasting bar I've ever had.........and I've had ALOT. I prefer the peanut butter ones, but they are both tasty. They come in 30 gram protein and 15 gram 1/2 size bars. I guess you would like the smaller ones, 15 grams protein, 5 grams net carbs.

http://www.supremeprotein.com/products.html

·
Registered
583 Posts
im really slacking in my nutrition part of my training. i need something fast like a protein bar at work.

·
Premium Member
18,689 Posts
dilly it's rather easy to make your own bars as well and you can make them taste sooo much better then the ones you buy.

·
Managing MotoJoe
71,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not real big on shakes . . . anything that's powder mixed with water is just nasty to me . . . and yeah, these are for work mainly & I only eat half at a time . . . I don't like almonds either :lol That's my problem, I'm so freaking picky :hammer

·
Faps to Fantasy Football, and fails at that even
10,194 Posts
I place an order with some nutrition company and they sent me a couple free Xience fruit berry bars, they were the best tasting bars I have ever had, but way too pricey.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I'm not real big on shakes . . . anything that's powder mixed with water is just nasty to me . . . and yeah, these are for work mainly & I only eat half at a time . . . I don't like almonds either :lol That's my problem, I'm so freaking picky :hammer
I don't think you have a weight issue by judging from your pics so the bars are a much better choice than say a drive thru. My wife is picky also, so I deal with it on a daily basis..LOL

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
I'm not real big on shakes . . . anything that's powder mixed with water is just nasty to me . . .

Try one of these, Every girl I've recommended them to that hates protein shakes so far has loved them. They taste like juice. So far I can recommend Apple Ecstasy, Crystal Sky, Roadside Lemonade, Strawberry Kiwi, Twisted Cherry......they all taste great. For some reason Caribbean Cooler tastes yucky, I would avoid it.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/syn/nectar.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
SPL170db
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing