Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling all 91-92 gixxer 1100 owners!
I am having problems dialing in my carbs when using a K&N stock replacement air filter. I have a Hindle full race pipe and have gone two sizes up on the mains and needles up one clip. I'm getting 110 Hp with the K&N and 131 Hp without. I am considering buying a stage one dynojet kit. Please submit what you have done and any ideas for me P.S. also include your HP if available.

------------------

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've bought 2 dynajet kits now and had great luck with both. When I first bought my bike I foolishly wanted to stay street legal :) so I installed a stage one kit which changed the shape and length of the needle as well as increasing the main jet size. I now run stage three and the needles are much fatter and shorter and the main jets much larger. It seems to me that you need those new needles instead of just raising the stock ones. The kits will also have you either drill out or add fillers to the vacuum holes on the slides to alter throttle response. I don't have a dyno close to me but the power increase was remarkable- I wish I could tell you my HP :)

------------------

Youth and talent are no match for age and treachery!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.