Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed a dynojet stage 3 jet kit last week. it has a lot more power on the top end, but in the midrange i can hear the slides clicking pretty loud. is that normal? i figured it would be a lot louder with the air box removed. besides the extra noise, the bike feels like it has twice as much power on the top end!

oh, by the way, how do i make my pic show up instead of the address?

·
Registered
219 Posts
If you think that's loud, wait until you get some flatslides!
But they're really well worth a little extra racket. Oh yeah, nice bike. I thought it was FastCats at first.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
88/750: I think this one is actually cleaner than mine... and it looks to be lowered as well. ...and I have one of the older Hindle cans, and no USD forks on mine... ...and... yes, it's a very good-lookin' bike!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey FastCat! my bike is pretty clean, but not as clean as the pics. it still needs a lot of work. by the way, i love my hindle pipe! i have always ran yosh pipes but i wanted to try something different. my bike is lowered because i mostly drag race.

also, i am still very new to posting, how do i make my signature pic smaller?

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Well, I use photoshop... there are other programs out there that are a lot less complex that could do image re-sizing, but since I have photoshop anyway, I just use that. Here, try this on for size:

I'll play around with it a little... any hints/suggestions for improvements?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FastCat! that is cool! i have photo software too. i will try to experiment with some different pics.
thanks!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Originally posted by cide:
i installed a dynojet stage 3 jet kit last week. it has a lot more power on the top end, but in the midrange i can hear the slides clicking pretty loud. is that normal? i figured it would be a lot louder with the air box removed. besides the extra noise, the bike feels like it has twice as much power on the top end!

oh, by the way, how do i make my pic show up instead of the address?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Man. Your bike is incredible. That is one clean M. Can you list the mods you have done?

I see you have lowered the front by pushing the fork tubes up. How much? I lowered my front about an inch this way. Mainly to get the big bike to lighten up on the turn in.

Did you lower the rear?

Stock swing arm?

Where did you get the pad for the rear seat cowl? I have the cowl but my bike never had the pad. Not sure if that is factory or not...

where/when did you get the pipe? I have been looking for pipes and have yet to find anything available for my 92.

Thanks for the wallpaper. Sweet bike man... Here is a pic of mine. Its comming along nicely. Since this pic I have changed the mirrors, Shield, and lowered her.

CT

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
azgsxr11, my bike is lowered about 1-1/2" in the front and has trac-dynamics adjustable dog bones in the rear. the pipe is a hindle stainless steel and you can get them at www.streetandcomp.com. they are one of the best, if not the best pipes you can buy for a oil-cooled gsxr. my rear seat cowling on my bike is stock and that is why it has a pad on it. don't call suzuki though, they discontinued them long ago. i found mine searching "for sale" spots on the net. i do have another one just like it though if you are interested. it is black with little blue metal flakes you can hardly see(factory paint though). i still have a lot of work to do to this old bike. thanks for the compliment! by the way, your bike is awesome too!

·
Registered
129 Posts
azgsxr11, my bike is lowered about 1-1/2" in the front and has trac-dynamics adjustable dog bones in the rear. the pipe is a hindle stainless steel and you can get them at www.streetandcomp.com. they are one of the best, if not the best pipes you can buy for a oil-cooled gsxr. my rear seat cowling on my bike is stock and that is why it has a pad on it. don't call suzuki though, they discontinued them long ago. i found mine searching "for sale" spots on the net. i do have another one just like it though if you are interested. it is black with little blue metal flakes you can hardly see(factory paint though). i still have a lot of work to do to this old bike. thanks for the compliment! by the way, your bike is awesome too!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks for the reply. I am interested in that extra pad. Let me know what you want. Send me an email at [email protected] and we can work something out. How does it attach? My cowl does not have the holes like my old 86/750 cowl did. I can figure something out though.

I am going to call Streecomp today to see if they have a hindle pipe. Hindle is not making the pipe for my bike anymore so hopefully they have one!

Do you have a website for the dogbones? I thought about making a set but they would be fixed

Did you strap the front or just raise the fork tubes up alot?

Sorry for all the questions man.. Your bike is sitting perfect.

CT

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by azgsxr11:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by cide:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks for the reply. I am interested in that extra pad. Let me know what you want. Send me an email at [email protected] and we can work something out. How does it attach? My cowl does not have the holes like my old 86/750 cowl did. I can figure something out though.

I am going to call Streecomp today to see if they have a hindle pipe. Hindle is not making the pipe for my bike anymore so hopefully they have one!

Do you have a website for the dogbones? I thought about making a set but they would be fixed

CT
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">azgsxr11, the cowling i was talking about is the cowling and the pad. i have the whole thing. it is a factory piece! let me know if you are still interested.

also, hindle still makes the pipe for your bike. just go to www.streetandcomp.com and look under hindle. the pipe is a 89-92 gsxr1100 stainless with a lot of different canisters to choose from.

the dogbones are from www.tracdynamics.com. they are regular dogbones, but have three different settings.

my bike is lowered just by raising the fork tubes.i also have a schnitz lowering strap on the bike, but in the pic, it is loose. i just tighten it when i drag race.

let me know if you have anymore questions, i am glad to help!

·
Registered
129 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by azgsxr11:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by cide:

CT
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">azgsxr11, the cowling i was talking about is the cowling and the pad. i have the whole thing. it is a factory piece! let me know if you are still interested.

also, hindle still makes the pipe for your bike. just go to www.streetandcomp.com and look under hindle. the pipe is a 89-92 gsxr1100 stainless with a lot of different canisters to choose from.

the dogbones are from www.tracdynamics.com. they are regular dogbones, but have three different settings.

my bike is lowered just by raising the fork tubes.i also have a schnitz lowering strap on the bike, but in the pic, it is loose. i just tighten it when i drag race.

let me know if you have anymore questions, i am glad to help!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks man... I am going to call them up about the pipe...

Thanks for the info on the dog bones. What position are they on? Your bike site perfect.

Email me about the Cowl..

CT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts