Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 GSX-R 1000 and I'm planning on purchasing the Power Commander 3r...in short, how would you rate this product? Pros and Cons?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I have an 02 GSX-R 1000 and I'm planning on purchasing the Power Commander 3r...in short, how would you rate this product? Pros and Cons?
Thanks,
Mark
I don't know that there really are any pros and cons... I mean basically its just a means to change your mapping... If your running a stock bike, forget it, it's not gonna make any real difference... If you've made changes, exhaust, etc... Then yeah, the re-mapping will help a lot... As for quality or how people would rate it... I think the fact that everyone and their mother runs one speaks for a lot..

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
A power commander will help a stock bike. At least it helped my stock 02 when I put one on. Remeber the stock ECU is designed to run a bit lean since they need to meet certain federal guidlines on noise and emmissions and what not.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
A power commander will help a stock bike. At least it helped my stock 02 when I put one on. Remeber the stock ECU is designed to run a bit lean since they need to meet certain federal guidlines on noise and emmissions and what not.
Hrmmm that's true... never thought about that....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just installed a Devil Shotgun Slip-on Pipe(SET Valve Removed) and the BMC Air Filter. Actually, what I really wanted to ask is, should I get the 3 USB, 3r or 3?

Mark

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
PC III and USB will get you the same thing.

PC IIIr will allow you to adjust timing if needed.

Most likely timing won't matter to you, so any of them will be fine. I would go with whatever you can get the best deal on. Of course the USB one is going to be the newest one to get for the 02.

·
Registered
776 Posts
"Remeber the stock ECU is designed to run a bit lean since they need to meet certain federal guidlines on noise and emmissions and what not."

Not so sure about that lean part. I dynoed bikes from 01-03 and we had a lot that were rich more so then lean.

·
Registered
941 Posts
the USB allows for more fine tuning then the IIIR or the III models....I bought the IIIR for my 01 and after it was mapped, I found out that there was nothing done to advance the timing at all, so I think the the R version was a waste for me personally.....

You can do more with the USB....

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
The IIIr you can adjust timing with, The USB one you need to buy the timing module. The III you can't adjust timing with either. At least that's how I understand them. I first had a PC III for my 02, it just had a connector that went into the ECU. My PCIII broke and DynoJet replaced it with a IIIr which had a connection for the timing.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I've got the 3R on my 02 and with a simple k and n filter, a modded stocked pipe, i was making 1 number more than several K5 R1's....If you get it mapped properly, you will be very, very impressed with the results.
Si.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a PC3R with only a JSD TRE, Slip on Yosh, and K&N. I downloaded one of the Maps of the site and felt an instant difference in throttle reponse. I'm looking forward to putting it on a dyno and seeing if I picked up any power.

·
Registered
493 Posts
maybe for just a can - the yosh box may be a better cost effective way

pc111 for every last drop

yosh box for 95%

·
Registered
6 Posts
Should I get it mapped with the Yosh box, or get the USB one?The bike stalls sometimes if I'm clutching and giving it gas..Do u think that problem will go away with the PC...The bike is still new

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Yep is the short answer.
Put it this way - for every 500 rpms thru the range - you will have optimum fuelling at any throttle opening.
S

1 - 17 of 17 Posts