Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of putting a dynojet kit in my 921100,has anyone had experience with one?
I have heard they work really well in gsxr's,I have known people who have put them in other bikes (zx7,fzr) and have had a lot of trouble with them.

------------------

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kiwi:
I am thinking of putting a dynojet kit in my 921100,has anyone had experience with one?
I have heard they work really well in gsxr's,I have known people who have put them in other bikes (zx7,fzr) and have had a lot of trouble with them.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They work the best of course when you've got good access to a dyno to check out before, during and after. Otherwise they can be a real bitch to 'guess' out.

------------------
Fat Bastard's bike: '93 GSXR1100wp CDN version w/ thoroughly ridiculous # of mods :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bcjohn,I have got access to a dyno the guy who is giving me the kit has a dyno in his shop.
once I install it he will help me set it up properly.
I am lucky he has one that he doesn't need any longer.

------------------

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Good deal KIWI! I got mine done just a week or so ago, gave me major hpower increase, and my bike was running a little rough before but the jetting cured it'!!!

------------------
1996 GSX-R 750 S.R.A.D.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kiwi:
bcjohn,I have got access to a dyno the guy who is giving me the kit has a dyno in his shop.
once I install it he will help me set it up properly.
I am lucky he has one that he doesn't need any longer.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then you are indeed in jet kit heaven! Had the same thing here - what a diff. Glad I wasn't left to the guess and by gosh method.

------------------
Fat Bastard's bike: '93 GSXR1100wp CDN version w/ thoroughly ridiculous # of mods :)

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Evil-E:
Good deal KIWI! I got mine done just a week or so ago, gave me major hpower increase, and my bike was running a little rough before but the jetting cured it'!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds good Evil. You familiar with Mike Stronach prop. of MAS Cycle Services? He's located just north of White Rock and did my baby's dyno tune. NICE work. Just thought I'd pass it along in case it was news.

------------------

·
Registered
4 Posts
Put one in my 1100wp,brilliant,more power all round BUT after 6 months started stumbling at 7000 rpm. The cure ? replace the needle jets (emulsion tubes) now runs better than ever! Why? thinner needles accentuate existing wear. Tip,buy Mikuni parts not Mikuni parts in a Suzuki wrapper and save money!

·
Master Debater
587 Posts
I've used them on various bikes over the past 15-ish years and never had any trouble with the kits other than ordering the wrong one(cali carbs,incorrect stage) or having other OEM worn parts not agree with the new DJ stuff. In short any problems I've bumped in to (only been a couple) have never been the fault of the kit. Dynojet has always backed up their products and provided great tech support throughout my troubleshooting process. Also the build quality and installation instructions have been a notch better than the factory pro in my opinion although many people I ride with use factory pro and swear by them.

·
Master Debater
587 Posts
Dynojet kits usually require drilling the slides dont they ? What about factory pro as an alternative
Often times yes but that is not difficult at all. Some bikes/kits have you drill slide holes and tap for restrictors too. If this sort of thing is considered too difficult by the person doing the work than they should stop while they're ahead and take it to a pro.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
You are correct althought i did not mean it as a difficult job to do, only that maybe preserving the slides would be a better idea for the future, maybe you would want to restore it to stock, with drilled slides that would be impossible unless you buy new ones ( pain in the ass ).

·
Master Debater
587 Posts
Gotchya! Yep, it does require a little commitment to mods but where there is a will there is a way... I have heard on more than one occasion of people filling the slide holes with JBweld and drill them again to stock size. Not too common that folks go back to stock from a modified and properly jetted setup err at least I never thought twice about doing the damage.:dunno

1 - 16 of 16 Posts