Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
ahhh does that say 524.28 hp and 264 tq..... wow now thats gotta be something...... I've got a 99 z28 with the ls1 powerplant.... I was thinking of sc'n it but holly shit.... with a 350 I would've been happy with that much hp.......

couple of questions....

1) does it run on 94.... or do you have to bump up the octane ???

2) nice smooth curves... but how is it on the street ????

3) are there any stock parts left ??? has the engine/tranny been totally replaced/rebillt ???

wow.... maybe someday

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It makes 300hp on 94 octane at 10psi of boost, and this is what I run on the street everyday, all day long. I obviously don't ride it on the street with 500hp. But it does run very smooth as you can see in the dyno chart that the hp and torque are very smooth. My engine has had rods and pistons put in it as well as valve springs, but I manufacture and sell bolt on kits. This is obviously a very high end kit, some of the components on my bike are one offs and are not available anywhere else. Here is my latest dyno sheet.

Thanks, Richard

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
Have you ridden it on the dragstrip since? Low 8's?? How much hp do you think is safely possible with low comp. turbo pistons and stock bore on a GSX-R1000?? Oh yeah, lots of boost too!

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
2wicked said:
It makes 300hp on 94 octane at 10psi of boost, and this is what I run on the street everyday, all day long. I obviously don't ride it on the street with 500hp. But it does run very smooth as you can see in the dyno chart that the hp and torque are very smooth. My engine has had rods and pistons put in it as well as valve springs, but I manufacture and sell bolt on kits. This is obviously a very high end kit, some of the components on my bike are one offs and are not available anywhere else. Here is my latest dyno sheet.

Thanks, Richard
That looks like the same exact sheet I saw HERE

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are correct, that is my dyno sheet on Motorheads site. As far as a 1000 kit goes, you will need to do rods and pistons, and even then you will be limited to 300-320 hp. The 1000 block is just no where near as strong as the busa. My std 1000 kits make 220hp, add a head gasket and you can safely hit 250 with race fuel and stock engine.
Richard

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I have been to Grand Bend, the bike is setup with a multistage boost controller. 1st gear is about 280 hp, 2nd gear 300, 3rd gear 350 4th, 5th and 6th were currently at 400. My first pass on a test and tune night at the Bend was an 8.7, then 8.66 then 8.600. Then the tire spin started and the times started to get slower. Speeds were in the 175mph. Now that I have ot tuned to 33 psi, I will turn the boost up at the track, but I will need it to be a competion day, track is too slippery on test and tune, no glue. My 60ft times are still a little crappy, about 1.55, but this is a new bike and I have only made about 10 passes in total with it. I hope to dip into the 7s this year, I know the bike can do it, just not sure if my skills are good enough.
Any of you guys gonna be at the Bend for the Summer Sizzler, and Streetbike shootout on Aug. 29?

Richard

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
2wicked said:
You are correct, that is my dyno sheet on Motorheads site. As far as a 1000 kit goes, you will need to do rods and pistons, and even then you will be limited to 300-320 hp. The 1000 block is just no where near as strong as the busa. My std 1000 kits make 220hp, add a head gasket and you can safely hit 250 with race fuel and stock engine.
Richard
What kind of rods would you recommend? What kind of compression ratio should be run and howbout using turbo pistons? I have heard of the Velocity stage 2 kit for the 1000 running 326 hp, 175 torque with additional injectors

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Carrillo rods and JE pistons, you will need secondary fuel for over 250hp, 326 is possible on a dyno, but I am quite sure it would be short lived at the track. Compression should be around 8.5:1 with turbo pistons and thicker head gasket. I also have 3 kits available for the 1000, non-intercooled, air to air intercooler and liquid to air intercooled. Non intercooled makes 180hp at 4psi, 215 at 6.5psi on stock engine, bolt on kit. The other two have secondary fuel and are only limited by the engine configuration.
Richard

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
Holy hell Richard! Were you at roxannes this past thursday? I got there a bit late and everyone was talking about some guy that had a killer busa ... I thought it was you right away

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Damn Richard that stuff is amazing. Hats off to you Bro, very impressive stuff indeed. I can only dream what it must be like to rocket down the highway/strip with well over 200 HP on tap let alone 500+HP.

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
Sweet I'll definitely be there to here that turbo spool up on that Busa

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SPY said:
?????? i dont get it where is the fun but thats just me good job tho
Huh, where is the fun? You will have to explain, because I have never been much of a mind reader. It is definitely fun to ride on the street, I also think it is quite fun running on the track as well, and dynoing it in front of a crowd and watching them back away has always been fun also.
Richard

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
Where is the fun? Dude have you ever heard one of things spool up or hell pull a 1/4? Dear god I would love to ride one just for the rush!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts