Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm in the process of building my track bike for next year. I got all the major stuff looked after, i.e. front and rear suspension, brakes, etc. and I'm currently hunting for a full exhaust.

I have two available options and I'd like to know which one of the two will give me better HP/curve.

The first is a Yoshimura TRC Kit (Ti) exhaust with a carbon can and the second is an Akrapovič EVO (Ti) exhaust.

Build quality, how does the Yoshimura compare to the Akrapovič? Weight?
Horsepower wise, which one will be more beneficial?

I had the full RS-5 on my previous track bike and it was fine, although I never got around to getting it dyno'ed. I also have an Akrapovič shorty slip-on on my 06 750 and It's been great in terms of looks/sound. Not really expecting any serious gains (other than removing the cat) from a slip-on.

I'm well aware of all the different variables that can affect HP readings, but if you have either exhaust and can share your mods/HP #'s, that would be truly appreciated.

Lastly, I really want to get the most out of the 600, so would a PCV + Autotune be good enough or should I get the PCV and some dyno time?
I'm also aware that I can flash the ECU, but I'd rather not go that route.

Any further insight is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I pulled the trigger today and bought the Akrapovič Ti system.

Mods, feel free to delete this thread. Thanks!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with akrapovic also for mine just waiting on it to get here from the mummy
Yeah, I went with a used one that's as close to new as I can get for a great price.
I wanted the Ti system but couldn't justify the $1700 since I just spent $2300 on Ohlins front and rear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts