Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Magic Number is... 148.6rwhp

First off, let me tell you that this is a Dyno 250 that was recently aquired by the dealer so I won't compare this to my K1's 153rwhp (slipon+PC) that was done on an older model Dyno.

Also, I was told by the mechanic, after he noticed I was puzzled, that he had just Dyno a CBR1000 with half system Jardines and a mapped Power Commander a day prior pumping 144rwhp. Which tells me that this particular Dyno is generating low #s. On Monday I'll ask him for a history of all literbikes he's done and their mods listed.

The bike feels strong but the power is way too smooth. My next test will be racing othre literbikes just to see how it stacks against bikes I've raced before with my 1k(k1).

·
Registered
951 Posts
Those numbers are really consistant, dyno is working proper. Who cares what the numbers are ........other than the numbers your bike posts. Now do some mods and go back to the same dyno.

Dyno i go to tells me my 02 750 only makes 117hp. Im fine with that.........though others claim over 135hp. OH well i know what my bike makes before and after the stuff i do.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
The new 250 models give higher numbers than the old 200 models so your K5 would have shown even less hp, but like WERA276 said, who cares. The dyno is for tuning and seeing how modifications affect your bike.
So the 165hp number I got during break in on an old DJ150 will be higher on the 250?

·
Registered
69 Posts
In my experience a dyno that reads lower is usually the most accurate one. I know of lots of dynos over here in the UK that DELIBERATELY overread to make the owner feel good

As has already been said, the main thing is that you take it back to the same dyno to measure the benefit of any mods.

Blue and White K5 in 2 days and counting...

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
The new 250 models give higher numbers than the old 200 models so your K5 would have shown even less hp, but like WERA276 said, who cares. The dyno is for tuning and seeing how modifications affect your bike.
So the 165hp number I got during break in on an old DJ150 will be higher on the 250?

Maybe he means the other way around. I think he means the other way around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.