Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im gettin ready to install a power commander and soon thereafter im interested in gettin the bike dyno-tested. The only problem is ive heard many times that the dyno-machine eats or somehow ruins the rear tire after only one use.
Can that be true????
I hope not, but would like to know b4 going to test (jus bought a new rear two months ago!!
)

thanks!!

[ 06-11-2002, 04:06 AM: Message edited by: eSeMeS750WX ]

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Your getting two months on a rear tire?? LMAO.... I wish I was getting that.. lol By the time I get to two months the tire is falling apart... lol

Anyhow... Yes it will use some.. but not all ov it... The drum is kinda of like a sandpaper cover so the tire will stick to it... Dont stress to much on it.

John

·
Registered
645 Posts
In actuality, the only thing that will harm your bike from dyno'ing is if they release the load on the drum immediately after you end the run. Some say it's hard on the structure of the tire too, but it's heresy. I would venture to say if that were true, you'd feel it in your lateral positioning in the corners and/or stability in droning on the straights on smooth surfaces. But honestly... if you burn out a lot, then I think that's the hardest thing on a tire! lol Another thing is releasing the load on the drum on a dyno machine can be hard on the engine tons too. I got that scoop from a pro race mech. So I took his word for it. It makes sense too. Imagine the dynamics of that.

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
When I had mine dyno'd yesterday..there wasn't any ill effects on the rear tire at all..I had a supercorsa..street compound at 29 psi..and the air temp was in the low 90's high 80's..

[ 06-11-2002, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: Hammer 4 ]

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your getting two months on a rear tire?? LMAO.... I wish I was getting that.. lol By the time I get to two months the tire is falling apart... lol
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">this should give a painlessly obvious idea to all how tuff i ride. Ive put 800 miles on my bike since i got it in february. im still squidish at times on this machine, but have owned five others b4-it. (not new to the sport) Nothing wrong with taking ur time and riding at ur level and comfort zone....look at john's (gsxr-freak) sig pic....0 outa 3 here!!!!!lol john!! maybe someday??!!??

scott

[ 06-11-2002, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: eSeMeS750WX ]

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
hell, I got 4 years out of my original Dunlop 204's

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good to hear that the duno doesnt totally destroy the tread. I heard thru the grapevine that the tire manufacturer wont warranty any defects in the tire if ran on a dyno ( iguess its your word against theirs!!)

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I would be your word against theirs, but I have heard that the stress it puts on your side wall is similar to what you see on a drag racer when the side wall has ripples in it when it takes off. I am going to have it done, but I am going wait to until I have to buy a new tire (which will be soon).
See ya'
P.S.~ Where is the best place to get new tires online.

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
I have 2500 mi on Supercorsa streets, and a dyno run.... there is still tread left in the middle, but its gettin severelychewed on the sides! 2500 mi + 2.5 track days = great tire, dyno never hurt it whatsoever. Run a little less pressure on the dyno

·
Registered
547 Posts
What you will have been told about is a twin roller dyno.These have been known to destroy the internal structure of the tire sometimes causing failure.Thankfully these are few and far between these days

1 - 12 of 12 Posts