Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes, i agree you need some help with the motor.....shes good for AT LEAST 10 more horses stock.........im wonderin if the correction values were set up right for your run.....

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
actually 112-114 is pretty good for stock bike with no mods as you suppose to gain as years and miles add up but sometimes depending on maintance it goes down a bit may be a jetting issue you get the a/f print out where is you bike falling flat sometimes you may put a 108 but have a smooth strong curve.

·
Registered
297 Posts
well... got back from the dyno...
the bike pulls 108.1 @ the rear wheel...

it needs a top end rebuild... valve job and rings, possibly new pistons.
right now it's all in the buffer, just waiting to figure out what i'm gonna do...

but the engine's definitely getting rebuilt this winter

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Well the low on power would be a sign of a rebuild... How many miles are on it?

John

·
Registered
970 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. E:

right now it's all in the buffer, just waiting to figure out what i'm gonna do...

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Real 96-97 bikes made 108 - 112 stock. Magazine test bikes and early production grenades made up to 118.

'98 - '99 750s were good for about 5 hp more.

I wouldn't tear into that engine based on dyno results. A leakdown test is the only thing that really indicates the condition of the top end.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I 3d the motion, you could have a healthy motor with 108 hp, do alot of work and spend big $ for not much gain. Do the compression and leak down tests before you decide.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Originally posted by MrMW:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Dr. E:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Real 96-97 bikes made 108 - 112 stock. Magazine test bikes and early production grenades made up to 118.

'98 - '99 750s were good for about 5 hp more.

I wouldn't tear into that engine based on dyno results. A leakdown test is the only thing that really indicates the condition of the top end.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">And a compression test... You should do both... The compression test is easy and it can give you a good idea if you have leaky rings... Do a compression test (should be about 150PSI) and then take about 5cc of motor oil and pore it into the motor (from the spark plug hole), turn the motor over a bit, and then run the test again... If the compression goes up then you have leaky rings...

Also, if you have a large drop from one cyl to the next that could be a good sign of a problem with that one.

John

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think people rely on dynos way too much...I mean if you take a guy on a modded 750 he weighs 225 lbs...take a guy with no mods weighing in at a teenage puke of 125.... who has more HP on the street???? Man the puke will win every time..weight kills HP....get over the dyno !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts