·
Engine Tuning God
1,773 Posts
Yes.
The 04/05 unit is the same also.

·
Registered
53 Posts
U will have to go get tuned. They have no maps other then the stock map and zero map. If u get a PCIII and use a stock map its just a waste of money cuz its still the stock mapping. U will have to spend a couple of hundred dollars to get it custom tuned. But if your just going to put a slip-on it or leave it stock i wouldn't worry about it, I would only do it with a full system thats where u will see dramatic results. But I will let Tim tell all about that since he does that kinda of work.

·
Engine Tuning God
1,773 Posts
The engine does require a very different map to an 04/05 so yes get a custom map until there are some on the dynojet site.
The one thing i did notice is it runs very lean even stock. Should still be ok with end can but full system needs a map.
It also runs an exup valve so you need to pull one of the brown black wires from the ecu if you remove it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Got one last week. DynoJet has a "zero" map which doesn't modify the factory ECU mapping and they have a "stock" map which adds quite a bit of fuel to the midrange for a stock setup (stock pipe, stock air filter, stock timing, stock everything).

The power commander doesn't replace the stock ECU fuel mapping. It modifies it by adding or subtracting fuel based on the fuel map table you give it. It's all in the documentation.

If you put a pipe on or make any other mods you will need to adjust the map accordingly. Eventually DynoJet will have maps for the most popular pipes with stock or K&N filter but if you want it right, put it on a dyno and get it mapped correctly.

·
Engine Tuning God
1,773 Posts
Tim how can it be the same one if we now have duel injectors per cyl?
Because the powercommander only ever connects to the lower set of injectors.
The cbr600rr has had twin injectors since 03 and the pc3 connects to one set only. There are several other bikes that are the same. This is also the same reason they don't list the dynojet quickshifter for these machines as it can only cut the fuel on one injector.
Trust me, the 04/05 pc3 works on an 06 because i've fitted and mapped one on it already.

·
Engine Tuning God
1,773 Posts
There are lots of different powercommanders without the same part number that are actually identical units. The different part numbers just designate the map installed from the factory. Same thing on some of the ignition modules

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just installed the power commander with the map for a stock 600. it took about 45 min. only because everything you need to acess is in very tight locations. it helps to use pliers with rubber tips to get injestors off b/c it is inpossible to use your fingers. and the throtle body wire you have to tap. well good luck that took most of my time. once installed it worked fine. I am still breaking it in so only used up to 8000 rpm.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Guys, just for your information, If your just gong to add a slip-on, your wasting your money.

A power commander is only going to help you if you mod your bike and get a customized map. Your going to get very little or no gains with just an exhaust and custom map. The difference in power would be insignificant. If your racing your bike and it's restricted to CC's then spend the money on big money parts and custom maps to get some competitive power gains. But if your looking for more power for street riding and getting in some trackdays, than don't waste your time and money. Just go 750 or 1000. Cause in the end you'll end up spending the difference in parts, maps, and labour just to get the same results.

And as far as suspension's concerned you can tune a 750 or a 1000's suspesnsion to out perfom a 600.

·
Registered
376 Posts
SONIC7 said:
Guys, just for your information, If your just gong to add a slip-on, your wasting your money.

A power commander is only going to help you if you mod your bike and get a customized map. Your going to get very little or no gains with just an exhaust and custom map. The difference in power would be insignificant. If your racing your bike and it's restricted to CC's then spend the money on big money parts and custom maps to get some competitive power gains. But if your looking for more power for street riding and getting in some trackdays, than don't waste your time and money. Just go 750 or 1000. Cause in the end you'll end up spending the difference in parts, maps, and labour just to get the same results.

And as far as suspension's concerned you can tune a 750 or a 1000's suspesnsion to out perfom a 600.
+1 that seems very logic.

·
Registered
592 Posts
proxy said:
anyone have one yet or no where they sell them for the 750?
Fuel Moto has 'em for the k6 750. Jaime is selling 'em for 269.00. tell 'em I sent ya. and no, they are not the same one used on the k4/k5 750's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts