Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weekend before last, I got my K5 dynoed. 3 successive runs and it put out 155, 156,and 157 respectively, on a DynoJet dyno.

Then last weekend, I went riding up around Cumberland Gap in Tennessee and Kentucky. Here's a couple of pictures.

Who knew the K5 was really a dual-sport bike?

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Dude, I would've turned around and went home when I saw that puddle. But hey, it's your bike, your money.

·
Registered
197 Posts
DAMN!
Tthe only drop of water my bike will see is when its mixed with soap, a sponge, and a nice lil wax after.
Thats cool that your pretty open minded with your bike, nice pics

·
Registered
231 Posts
what the hell was u thinking!!! You do know that suzuki sell atv's to?? I am like the other guy i don't even like get my bike wet when i wash it.. I think that u need your
for the water skiing thing and then i think that you need your
for riding on the gravel road. But hey like they said its you bike??? but i am

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
nice pics.... thats a pretty deep puddle

just currious if you saw anyother bikes run on the dyno that day, just wondered how they compared... that hp makes sense to me...a little more realistic than some claims

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's how guys down south ride, jumping roots, rocks, through rivers, smashing road kill, etc. LOL Tennessee and Kentucky....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Heh. I definitely didn't WANT to ride down gravel roads and ford creeks... But, my club had a rally up in Cumberland Gap and one of our guys had laid out several different loops. Unfortunately, he laid them out by looking at maps, not actually riding the roads. And some of the roads up there look fine on a map, but in real life, they go along paved, and then turn to gravel for a few miles, then turn to pavement again. Crazy. At one gravel road, I did decide to go a different way. But two others, I followed them. They weren't too bad. And the spot where the road went right through a creek... well, it was only about 6 or 8 inches deep at the deepest spot. And I knew it would make a great pic to post here...
Besides, I bought it to RIDE, not polish it and style around lookin' pretty on.

As for the dyno runs, they didn't run any others that day, but I had run my old 2000 R6 on it when my R6 was bone stock and it made 98 HP, which was the highest stock R6 they ever ran. That dyno seems to be calibrated right in line with the ones the magazines all use. And the 2000 929 I had put out 123 on that same dyno. I never did run my '01 929 on it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another picture from a different buddy as I forded the creek.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts