Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, Thanks to APE I am now ready to install my new Dyna2000. Anybody have any recommendations as to what amount of total advance has worked the best for you? My 92 GSXR1100 is also turbocharged, so can anyone explain how I can determine how much and when I need to bring the retard in? My bike has worked just fine with the factory ignition, so I can at least run 40 degrees of total advance. Isnt that what factory is?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by TurboGSXRpilot:
Alright, Thanks to APE I am now ready to install my new Dyna2000. Anybody have any recommendations as to what amount of total advance has worked the best for you? My 92 GSXR1100 is also turbocharged, so can anyone explain how I can determine how much and when I need to bring the retard in? My bike has worked just fine with the factory ignition, so I can at least run 40 degrees of total advance. Isnt that what factory is?
Thanks!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I won't even *pretend* to know what the total advance, or retard RPM should be for the turbo setup... but on my internally-stock 1127 with pipe and jet-kit, I got just as much gain through the bottom and midrange with +3 static as with +5 static (over stock) advance. The +3 also idles smoother than +5 and I suspect it makes less heat.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I don't have a hand's-on experience to share- yet- but I am in the process of setting up an o/c turbocharged 1216 with a Dyna2000... after talking with acquaintances who have run this setup I plan to start at 35° advance, pulling out 4° as the boost comes up... not sure where to set the pressure switch just yet though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts