Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
KHi all, need some advice please.

Recently fitted some new dyna coils to my 1991 GSXR1100 . When I fitted them originally I think I had the wires crossed on coil 2&3 as when the bike fired up it only ran on 1&4.

There was no wiring diagram with the coils so I've taken an educated guess ��

Ive swapped the wires on coil 2&3 and the bike fires up on all 4 at high revs for a short while and then the ignition fuse blows, if I change the fuse as soon as I turn on the ignition it pops.

Are the coils too much fir the standard igniter unit? Or am I looking for a cable fault.

Is there an easy way to drop the high revs as the idle adjuster is all the way out,

Cheers
Liam

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So just an update, I've checked over the wiring and cannot find anything obvious.

I noticed that I had not completely tightened up coil 2&3 on the mounting bolt, it was still a bit loose. I fired up the bike and it's running on all 4,, it hasn't popped any fuses as yet?

Its idling high at about 5k and blipping the throttle sends it ballistic!

It's due to go in for a service on the 10th so hopefully once the carbs have been set up it should run all ok.

Liam

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
7Ok, so here's the latest, high revs sorted (throttle cable snagged) bike now running lovely on all four cylinders..........................

As soon as I blip the throttle it keeps popping the ignition fuse??? I put a bigger fuse in and turned the ignition on, the side stands relay orange/ black wire starts getting very hot all the way through the loom to the right handle bar switch gear where it meets the kill switch.

I've checked the side stand relay and that thats ok, I've checked the switch gear which seems ok, I haven't cut and checked all of the wiring loom yet.
I put a temporary cable between relay and kill switch to replace the orange/black wire and the bike turns over but wont fire up.

What causes the ignition fuse to pop when I put revs on? When it pops if I replace it and switch on the ignition if pops again straight away without even hitting the starter button.

I put a bigger fuse in and the sidestand relay wiring becomes hot, if I have the ignition switched on the neutral light and oil light are dim, when I press the kill switch to off position the lights brighten up and the wiring is ok, its gotta be a short on this circuit surely?

Any suggestions???

Liam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts