Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike ran perfectly fine 4 weeks ago. Went to start it today, not even a single fire. Come to find that there's absolutely no spark on all spark plugs. Further investigation shows that the "trigger" wires (white for coil 1, blue for coil 2) show no voltage jump as the motor is turned over. Everything else checks OK, and both coils are getting power, just no "signal" to fire. Has anyone ever taken a Dyna 2000 module apart? Has anyone ever experienced this problem?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you asked Dyna what the issue might be? has the Trigger moved or become loose on the crank?
It has not, module still gets power and still lights up when the magnet passes over each of the pickups. There’s no voltage jump on the white or blue wires going to the coils when the happens

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This brings up another question. To everyone who's currently running this with dyna coils, do you have the red wire piggy-backed to only one of the coils or both? I know the orange/white wire going to each of the coils supply them with power, but the coil that is not piggy-backed with the red wire is only getting about 6 volts where the other is getting 12. to my understanding, the ignition module is only supposed to have the red wire piggy-backed to one of the coils, as it gets its power from it. but I just want to make sure of this. also, I believe both coils should be getting 12 volts, yet the bike ran perfectly fine before I assume the module went out. even if there is an issue somewhere in the harness that is sapping voltage going to the other coil, it wouldn't fix the signal problem coming from the ignition module.... right? apparently the Dyna 2000 module has built-in safeties which cut power to prevent damage to the unit. if I were to start my bike and it stalls, I have to flip the kill switch off then back on before im able to start the bike again. I think something is definitely up... or the module has been on its way out ever since I installed it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try the installation instructions. IIRC they have some troubleshooting information. Or contact Dyna directly. They seem to be helpful.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I replaced the module with a new one, a similar problem occurred with the bike randomly cutting off and not wanting to start. I traced it back to the red power wire from the coil to the module, it was getting pinched between the wire harness and frame under the gas tank and grounding itself out. I relocated it and haven't had a problem since, bike runs clean and strong and seems to be very reliable now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts