Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got about 1500 on the k5 so far and sometimes if im at a stop and just give it some gas, maybe rev up to 2-3 grand it will come back down and just cut off.
Today while riding over to a buddies house I was coming to a turn and started down shifting and when i went from 4th to 3rd and it just died. Ive seen people posting about the cold idle cut off and yes I have that problem too sometimes. Just wanted to see if anyone else is having this problem

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Wind up the idle a wee bit.....S

·
Registered
472 Posts
mine died and wouldnt start back up.
i also notice that it shudders when i brake to a full stop. not to mention the noise i sometimes get when i start in 1st. Awesome.
its in the dealer right now and i dont have alot of confidence in them.
ill let you know what happens. good lucl to you.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Wind up the idle a wee bit.....S

+1

WHat does your bike idle at? If I remember correctly I think mine is set at about 1K rpm.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've had that problem twice now - both times the bike was warm, but not fully up to temp (within first 3-5 minutes of ride). Happens after closing the throttle completely (as in pulling in the clutch when coming to a stop).

My idle is right around 1000, if not slightly above.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had the same problem 3 or 4 times at stop lights, once it shut off with a passenger and I almost droped them and the bike.... what is the deal?

·
Registered
36 Posts
mine does the same thing but I have only 250 miles on it... mechanic said that its just that everyting is just so tight right now during break in and the extra gas in confusing the computer and making it cut off....

·
Registered
5 Posts
250 miles on mine also...Not sure I'm buying the 'new' excuse but may have something to do with the butterfly and SET valves, maybe getting rid of stock pipe and opening the flow up could help??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone else have some input on this thread it would be a big help?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Anyone else have some input on this thread it would be a big help?
I predict there wont be any answeres until the right diagnostic equipment is hooked up to the bikes. My dealer does not have the right shit yet, so Im picking my bike up tomorrow and chancing it not stranding me until they do.
mydealer

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I've got my idle NOW set at 1400 rpm's - never had a another problem since.....
S.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts