Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Powers, Diablos or Metzeler Sportecs (the latter are similar to the Diablos, just another thread pattern)

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
I have ridden both pilots and diablos
I currently run the pilots
FN love em
But you will not be dissappointed with eiither
As fas as dunlops go some people love em and use nothing but 208's. To each his own.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've got the 208 ZR on my bike i love them but if i would have waited for the M1 sportec to arrive i would have gone with them. that tire is sick ,three of my friends are running them now and i swear first thing in the morninig cold tire and all they all can just lift the bike with no problem . i have to ride around or burn out to lift my bike it's like the tread is glued to the pavement.

So get the M1's over the 208's I don't know about diablos but i've heard alot of good things about them

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have not been able to access this site for a day or so. Not sure what happened.

But thanks to all for the advice on the tires. I really like the look of the Michelin Pilot Power and will only be doing street riding so now its finding them at the best price.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ya, same here, site was jacked for some reason, is upgrading tires really worth it? I am running stockers and they seem OK, but heard a friend rant and rave about how new tires let him drop into the corners quicker, and his ride didn't seem a squirrely to him..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This will be the first time for me replacing stock tires with what I hope to be something even better. Tire technology has come along way. Factory wants the tires to last longer, but I am more concerned about performance vs longevity. Heck, the tires I have now only have a little over 2000 miles on them and the back will be ready soon to replace.

I need to get out and ride more.....................

·
Registered
670 Posts
Your stock tires can handle pretty good on the streets but it could be better. Before I upgraded my tires, i was under the impression that tires would not make that much of a difference in your riding. Boy was I wrong. When I upgraded to the brand new tires, it built up my confidence and the chicken strips on the side of my tires are gone on both sides by the third day I had them on. With my stock tires, i was afraid to push it all the way so I always had like half an inch left. I was stuck between the diablos and pilot powers. I decided to go with the pilot powers and I love them to death. They stick like glue! If I ever get a new bike, the first modification would be to buy new tires and sell the stockers on ebay. I highly recommend the michelin pilot powers. You will not be disappointed. As for the 208's, i have a buddy that has them on a cbr and he seems to like them. Either way, you're just riding on the streets so any of the upgraded tires would be fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.