Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dunlop q2's hold up at the track? Currently the previous owner changed the 2011 gsxr 600 tyre from 180 to a 190/50, would like to get some fellas with experience with these tyres. The track i will be riding is phillip island,any one with pressure recommendations please share it most likely will be running tyre warmers also :)

Thanks Lads

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Get rid of the 190/50, it is a shit tire profile and will not help the bike handle well at track speeds at all. Go back to a 180/55 or if you want a 190/55, but the 190/50 is an obsolete size. Aside from that, the Q2 is a fine track day tire depending on your pace.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Anthony D Should of trusted my gut feeling, I might as well pull the trigger and get some new rubber :)

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,058 Posts
do you still have the standard wheels?
if so 180/55 the 190 moves around a lot on the 5.5" wheel, one of the tyre tech guys at the island told me about that when i was down there.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
do you still have the standard wheels?
if so 180/55 the 190 moves around a lot on the 5.5" wheel, one of the tyre tech guys at the island told me about that when i was down there.
What do you mean moves around? Are you talking tire flex or moving on the rim itself? Because I ran a 190/55 on my race 600, as do tons of other racers around the world with no issues at all.

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,058 Posts
i'm guessing he ment the sidewalls had more flex in them and allowed the centerline of the tyre to move across? that's what i took from his explination.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts