Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out if these 2 tires are the same...GP and GPA...
I went on Dunlop website and they say the GPA has less grooves...but every website that sells these tires just say Dunlop GP208..
also are these tires soft or medium?
just debating if I should get these tires or the michelin's..
thanx

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Are you talkng about the 259 set they sell to racers? If so thats a 208gp front tire and a 208gpa rear. There a medium compound. I had a friend go from mich to dunlop, he claims he didnt notice a differecne.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup, 259...it didn't mention on the website if they were 208gp or 208gpa...is that how it usually comes when you buy a set? 208gp front and 208gpa in the rear?

·
Registered
545 Posts
the cheaper ones ($250 a set) are US made, these are a one compound tire.
the 'made in Britain' ones (says on the tire) are a 3 compound tire, and sell for around $400 a set.... they are much better
most guys wont notice the difference, but they dont hold up as long as long as the British ones...

the Michelins are good tires, I've run them both (a lot) and still like the dunlops better.

but for now I'm loving the NEW 209's.... not to sure if you can buy them yet.

but they're the best thing I've had yet....

·
Registered
202 Posts
how about this crazy question ?
i've ordered tires from the west coast dunlop distr. that supplies teams with their tires. what is the differance between the race slick that has no lettering or black lettering comparted to what we see the top pro's running with the orange or yellow colored dunlop ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts